Greetings from Winnipeg, Canada

iSteve

Hello Everyone,

My name is Stephen. I presently live in Winnipeg, Canada, but lived in London for a year in my early 20's in Leyton. Prior to my joining Britmodeller, I was a member of two other modelling sites: Starshipmodeler for my sci-fi builds, and Finescale for general modelling. The majority of my builds are 1/48 military aircraft (though lately I've become a bit of a Wingnuts addict) and when sourcing information I invariably found myself here. Obviously, the logical step was to become a member. I have since found Britmodeller is truly a complete modelling site and as I prefer actual modelling to reading about it, I foresee spending most of my online time here.

I have to say in my short time here, I have had a fantastic experience. You all are a wealth of information and everyone is very helpful and friendly. I did my very first group build here - a very enjoyable indoctrination to the site. I'm very much looking forward to meeting you all as I peruse and contribute to the pages here, and hope I can give something back to the site that had done so much for my experience and growth in this great hobby. I have a new blog site on modelling - imodel.blog - and I welcome you all to come and take a peek.

Cheers!

Stephen

Edited by iSteve
  • Like 1

On 18/02/2017 at 21:32, Jessica said:

Winterpeg! I spent 4 uncomfortable years being an Air Force brat there between 1968 and 1972. Then after that I escaped to the Left Coast where I've managed to remain ever since :)

Welcome to Britmodeller; enjoy your stay.

I'm actually from Northern Ontario and at my first opportunity I'm moving to the East Coast and never looking back :)

Hey hey, another 'pegger, even if temporary. I was born here, what's your excuse? What pahrt of the east ya lookin at? I was there fahr years in a row for vahrcation, totally love it.

Edited by busnproplinerfan

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking at retiring in Nova Scotia. I've vacationed there a couple of times and loved it. The geography is much more like my home on the shore of Lake Superior, and I love seafood :) The people in NS are fantastic - they are probably my biggest draw to that province. Love the old houses there too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, iSteve said:

I'm looking at retiring in Nova Scotia. I've vacationed there a couple of times and loved it. The geography is much more like my home on the shore of Lake Superior, and I love seafood :) The people in NS are fantastic - they are probably my biggest draw to that province. Love the old houses there too.

Where in the province of my birth are you heading for?

Chris

17 hours ago, dogsbody said:

Where in the province of my birth are you heading for?

Chris

We really liked the South Shore: Hubbards or Mahone Bay. I do have some friends and acquaintances in Truro and one of them had suggested Wolfville. I think bottom line is we will see what the market will bare when the time comes. I'm always open for suggestions.

All good places. Wolfville is nice but can be a bit crowded during winter as it's full of university students going to Acadia. It's close to Windsor, where I lived nearby, before going west in 1980.

Chris

On 2017-03-10 at 7:50 AM, iSteve said:

We really liked the South Shore: Hubbards or Mahone Bay. I do have some friends and acquaintances in Truro and one of them had suggested Wolfville. I think bottom line is we will see what the market will bare when the time comes. I'm always open for suggestions.

My grandparents lived in Hubbards and Mahone Bay! I've got many fond memories of endless summers spent exploring the beaches and back roads :)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jessica said:

My grandparents lived in Hubbards and Mahone Bay! I've got many fond memories of endless summers spent exploring the beaches and back roads :)

Ah! Back roads. Wish we had some up here.

Chris

• 7 months later...
On 3/10/2017 at 9:50 AM, iSteve said:

I visited both, stayed at BnBs in both. Very nice areas. My personal fave is Annapolis Royal in N.S. or any Cape Breton spot.

• Like 1

I've been looking more closely at Bridgewater as it's a bigger town with all the amenities we'd need. We always bought our fresh seafood there from the back of a guy's truck on the way into town. Looks like a nice place and the housing prices are very reasonable.

14 hours ago, iSteve said:

I've been looking more closely at Bridgewater as it's a bigger town with all the amenities we'd need. We always bought our fresh seafood there from the back of a guy's truck on the way into town. Looks like a nice place and the housing prices are very reasonable.

Pretty sure I went through it. I remember buying cream off a farmers truck  over here on Aberdeen many years ago on Saturday mornings. Was good but he dissappeared, maybe the city shut him down.

26 minutes ago, Uncle Pete said:

Always happy to meet Canucks... Lovely people.  (And I know the right way to spell "Canada".... C eh? N eh? D eh?)

You heard the Stompin' Tom song. Coming from a Canuck it's nice to hear. There are a few pricks around though, but not many.

• Like 1