1/32 WnW Brisfit

A beautiful, beautiful model.  The engine detail is just brilliant, as is the wood affect on the prop.   And you're restoring a Jensen 541?  Looks like it's in good hands and I'm not even remotely jealous!

• Like 1

Thank you all very much, you are too kind...but I think most of the credit really has to go to those people at WnW, with the quality of their offerings the biggest problem is trying to do the kit justice !

As for the funny old car Meatbox8, it is a long term labour of love (long term being an understatement- 16 years and counting) but Im onto the interior now so it shouldnt be too long, mind you Ive been telling myself that for the past 15 years:D

P1061104_zps3pfizbtk.jpg

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Dave Ancona said:

Thank you all very much, you are too kind...but I think most of the credit really has to go to those people at WnW, with the quality of their offerings the biggest problem is trying to do the kit justice !

As for the funny old car Meatbox8, it is a long term labour of love (long term being an understatement- 16 years and counting) but Im onto the interior now so it shouldnt be too long, mind you Ive been telling myself that for the past 15 years:D

P1061104_zps3pfizbtk.jpg

Wow.  What a beauty.  Looks like it's coming along fine, even if it is taking decades!  You can see the lineage that led to the Jensen Interceptor which, in my humble opinion, is the coolest looking car ever built.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Meatbox8 said:

Wow.  What a beauty.  Looks like it's coming along fine, even if it is taking decades!  You can see the lineage that led to the Jensen Interceptor which, in my humble opinion, is the coolest looking car ever built.  

Er, the second coolest car ever built ....:D:D:D

14 minutes ago, robgizlu said:

Exquisite work (on the Brisfit)

You got me looking at Wingnut models!!!

They do seem Very nice

Rob

Rob, they are exquisite in every way, the fit is so good that you could probably build them as snap together kits :smile:, (seriously though that can be a bit of a hassle as the tolerances are so tight that sometimes a coat of paint is enough to cause problems), plus the instruction booklets are a work of art in their own right, .......take the plunge, the Brisfit was the first biplane I have built since I was 11, and I had a blast with it (though I did ocasionally wish I had picked a slightly simpler one) !!!

4 hours ago, Dave Ancona said:

Er, the second coolest car ever built ....:D:D:D

Rob, they are exquisite in every way, the fit is so good that you could probably build them as snap together kits :smile:, (seriously though that can be a bit of a hassle as the tolerances are so tight that sometimes a coat of paint is enough to cause problems), plus the instruction booklets are a work of art in their own right, .......take the plunge, the Brisfit was the first biplane I have built since I was 11, and I had a blast with it (though I did ocasionally wish I had picked a slightly simpler one) !!!

Ha ha.  Fair enough.  My dad used to have a Jensen Healey as it happens.  He gave it to my brother who then (sacrilege) traded it in for a Citroen SM.  

• 3 weeks later...

That's gorgeous, someone commented earlier that all these kits are beautiful and I have to agree, this example being particularly so! 

I've been tempted to try a WnW kit but I've got cableaphobia (fear of rigging)!

Stunning work,

Eng

• Like 1

That is spectacular, as already said also looks extremely like a real aircraft.  I'd love to see it against a real world backdrop

I recon you could start this up and go flying! It really is something of a masterpiece. The high points for me are the engine and rigging. Got any more like that?