Tamiya T-62

Plasto

4 hours ago, Oliver70 said:

Well, never let them tell you that this would be 'just an old, bad kit'. ^_^

That's an outstanding example for me how far you can get with a bit of putty and scratch materical, even without a metric ton of PE parts.

You did a fabulous job so far, thumbs up for that.

+1 ... old simple kits are often a good base for improvement ... PE, scratchbuilding or whetever ! 

E

Edited by Etienne
  • Like 1

Good progress with kit, I am surprised by these kits, which although old, and not very precise (this specifically I believe has the back of the engine straight, instead of a little inclined like the real model, maybe to adjust the batteries and the engine inside), but you do not feel like it or you have enough ability to scratch it, it does not matter, it looks like a T62... it's a T62 ... lol.

I myself intend to do one of these

Maybe the tracks have been an added bit expensive (possibly costing you more than the kit :D), although it certainly improves a lot ...:popcorn:

Cheers mate :D

Edited by FrancisGL

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback.. I have been plodding onwards. I have added a filter made from oil paints and then some further stains, and finally a layer of 'dust' in the form of some thinly sprayed buff enamel... 

I then made a Recognition panel out of milliput and painted this in a fluro orange mix...

I'm using a different camera for these images a Lumix GF1... It's stuck to the box with a blob of blue tack to make handling easier...

untitled-1060530_zpsfi3ztqyt.jpg

untitled-1060532_zpsidnqto2z.jpg

untitled-1060529_zpslimdbnc7.jpg

Cheers

Plasto

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Plasto said:

I'm using a different camera for these images a Lumix GF1...

I use a Lumix also; an LZ20. Great cameras for this type of work. It's certainly showing up the good work that you've done with this.

John.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

So a brief update.

I have been working on some caltrops antitank defences to add to s scenic base I'm going to place the T-62 in. I knocked up the design in Solid works and printed some off on the 3D printer. They are a rough approximation of a Soviet era concrete Caltrops.

CC7A3591-1483-4DBB-932F-56FD78E47F0C_zps

7B875D1C-9300-4B97-8DFA-F6444D376864_zps

I might use use these as is or refine em a bit and use them as a casting pattern...

cheers

Plasto

• Like 3

On 4/12/2017 at 8:58 PM, Plasto said:

So a brief update.

I have been working on some caltrops antitank defences to add to s scenic base I'm going to place the T-62 in. I knocked up the design in Solid works and printed some off on the 3D printer. They are a rough approximation of a Soviet era concrete Caltrops.

CC7A3591-1483-4DBB-932F-56FD78E47F0C_zps

7B875D1C-9300-4B97-8DFA-F6444D376864_zps

I might use use these as is or refine em a bit and use them as a casting pattern...

cheers

Plasto

Very nice! :D

Gaz