HR Models 1/72 Hanriot Floatplane

I have had this kit for so long, I cannot remember who gave it to me.  For that I apologize...just in case you see this.  It was a difficult build as parts were missing, and no real "instructions" were included.  I searched the net for photos, and found one I would mimic.

Built OOB (bag) and painted with MM enamels.  Rigged with .005 Ethicon stainless steel wire.  The wing roundels are replacements from a MicroScale sheet.  The originals exploded in water. The rudder and side decals are from the kit.  A three day build and #6 for the year.

IMG_1625_zpsd5xk8wfp.jpg

IMG_1632_zpsmsri9lxz.jpg

IMG_1633_zpsxuufeakn.jpg

IMG_1634_zpsqhxk0btb.jpg

IMG_1635_zpss1tyudns.jpg

• Like 16

What ever difficulties you had with the build it's turned out beautifully.  A very attractive looking aircraft and scheme.  Great work.  I've got the HR Models Pup in my stash so I hope I don't have the same issues with the decals. 

• Like 1

Meatbox...I would whole heartedly suggest that you overcoat all the kit decals with liquid decal film at least twice.  Then just cut them out close the the lines, and go from there.  I hope you do not encounter any difficulties.

2 hours ago, Les Moore said:

Meatbox...I would whole heartedly suggest that you overcoat all the kit decals with liquid decal film at least twice.  Then just cut them out close the the lines, and go from there.  I hope you do not encounter any difficulties.

Thanks for the tip, Les.  I shall certainly try that.  Like the 'Bam!' on the side of your Hanriot the Pup has some very individual markings that I'm not going to be able to replace easily.

• Like 1

Hi Les

That's a new kit company for me, but far more importantly the aircraft looks the business, congratulations.  :clap:

Stainless steel rigging sounds very different from the normal fishing line etc, what's the story please ? :popcorn:

cheers Pat

• Like 1

Ethicon stainless is in fact old school surgical wire.  I got some from a heart surgeon when they quit using it back in 2003.  Glad you liked the model.  I may have another one (Hanriot) similar to it (Pegasus) soon.

• Like 1