1/72nd MPM Blenheim Mk.V, BA539, ZP-C of 15 Sqn SAAF based in N. Africa.

17 hours ago, Shrek51 said:

Tony, sorry to be a pain, do you prime when using acrylics? I usually Prime with humbrol then use acrylics ,but just lately am trying to brush Stynlrez/Badger primer, just interested in your process.......

thanks

Mark

No I don`t usually prime,....I build up the colours by layers,..... the only colours that I will prime for are red and yellow if needed. 

Cheers

Tony

Hello,Tony - Wishing You and Yours ‘All The Best’ for the New Year.You’re off to a flyer with this pair of fine Blenheims.I particularly love the Desert Scheme.

As Always,Paul.😉👍

• Like 1

Thanks everybody! 

6 hours ago, mcdonnell said:

Hello,Tony - Wishing You and Yours ‘All The Best’ for the New Year.You’re off to a flyer with this pair of fine Blenheims.I particularly love the Desert Scheme.

As Always,Paul.😉👍

You too Paul,.....Happy New Year mate. Hopefully see you at Bolton or Huddersfield?

5 hours ago, Navy Bird said:

Wow, there's a Blenheim version you don't see too often. Great job! How many models do you have in your collection, about 10,000?    :)

Cheers,

Bill

Cheers Bill,.....not quite 10,000,.... not built up anyway!! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Crossiant Oliver said:

I present you with the “I can’t believe it’s not airbrushed” award. Was this painted with acrylics or enamels?

Cheers,.....as mentioned above,.....it was painted using acrylics,...but I also use enamels too.

Tony

13 hours ago, Crossiant Oliver said:

What’s your tip on hand brushing acrylics?

If only I had a pound for every time somebody asks me this!!

Well the first rule is not to apply too much in one go! For large surfaces use a flat wide brush and build up layers thinly. For the later layers,....when you are almost there,....use a dry brushing technique to apply the paint,..... it helps keep the layers of paint as thin as possible and also helps to smooth out any brush marks too. 

Hope that helps,

Cheers

Tony

• Like 1