Jaguar XJ13 help needed

roymattblack

https://buildingthelegend.co.uk/2015/09/03/recreating-jaguars-legendary-xj13-50-years-on/

I take it you've looked here. The aim was to create an exact replica of the original car, not the current rebuild of the crashed car with flared wheel arches and slightly revised bodywork, also different wheels an tyres.

I think this may be as near to the original as you're likely to get other than period photos (of which there aren't many).

Dave

Hi Roy,

I browsed through some books as promised, but couldn't find much on first glimpse. I asked my dad to take a deeper look into some more books he has stowed away, but he didn't really know much about the xj13, so I don't think he'll find much, if anything.

Sorry!

Roy, seems like my dad found some information and pictures spread over several of his books. Also a longer article in a magazine. Haven't seen yet what he has, will collect on Friday and scan over the weekend. I'll contact you then and request a mailadress to send the stuff to - not going to put it here since it's probably copyrighted material.

Hope your German is not too rusted?

@roymattblack I have scanned the pictures of 3 books and one magazine. The books text isn't readable completely as I aimed for the pictures. The magazine text is completely readable if you know your German. Several engine shots included, though all from above inside the car.

We need to work out a way to send you over 120MB (30 Scans at 300dpi). I don't want to compress more than the scanner software already did.

If you need specific information let me know, I'll browse through the texts and see if I can find any. If you want the texts, I'd shoot them with my camera. Might be harder to read, but scanning is really hard on the spines of those large books. Don't want to ruin them - they're not mine after all.

I Can zip into several folders and send via e-mail or give you a dropbox link. If you have any other suggestions, let me know.

Jan