1/35 ZSU-57-2

MickE

As my 'thing' is modern AAA I snapped up the Armo resin kit of the ZSU-57-2 when I found it for sale. When I say that the kit is a 'challenge' it is no understatement so when Meng and Trumpeter announced that they would be bringing one out in plastic I had to think long and hard whether to abandon the resin kit or build it. Well I started to build it but got disillusioned when I found problems with the wheels due to bad casting. Although Meng's came out first I decided to wait for Trumpeter's offering as the ammo storage in the turret looked more realistic. Trumpy's kit dos not include the radio but I had already bought one for the resin kit. On the whole it was a good kit to build except that the large ammo storage brackets kept breaking into smaller pieces as I was fitting them. The problem was that the ammo clips were slightly to large once they and the brackets were painted. I eventually got them all to fit but the air was blue for a while! I bought a couple of packets of brass empty 57 mm shells to put in the basket on the back of the turret to simulate 16 rounds fired. These are the pictures I took of the finished model. Unfortunately the pictures have not come out as well as I wanted as the light was not very good.

ZSU1_zpsglevlosc.jpg

ZSU2_zpsr3eskvu5.jpg

ZSU3_zpssyhihjcn.jpg

ZSU4_zps47yycpf9.jpg

That's the first batch

• Like 8

Thanks chaps. I hope to put it on a base some time and when I do it will get a bit more mud on the tracks to tie it in to the base. I have got my fingers crossed that either Meng or Trumpeter will bring some crew figures out for it.

Mick

Hi sanfrandragon

There are videos on you tube of them being fired. It seems that the limitation on the firing rate depended on how fast the loaders could shove the four-round clips into the guns.:)

Mick

• 2 months later...
Nice construction. I would like to write a few things here because there are many mistakes in the maket. 
Some of these are the Trumpeter's fault, the other painting problems, since you do not know these vehicles. 
First, the flange brake is not painted inside, the tubes are factory blackened, they do not paint because it burns during the first shot, 
it will hinder cooling efficiency, and therefore they are chemically trapped on it, such as Kalashnikov weapons, the flask of the flask is shiny black and only the Left sprocket is on the left.
The tower is white inside! On the tower water-floor covering is white, the part of the vehicle is green / this is good /. 
In addition to the tower, there is a protective rubber surface on both sides and behind, and this is not painted because it will ruin! 
The radio antenna is metal-colored, with a thicker copper wire coated on it, rubber coated, and the antenna bell is also a rubber. 
You have chosen well, this car was R-113 radio, which was replaced in the 80s by R-123 / both master pieces I made for HADMODELS. /This time thank you for your purchase!/
Left-handed front-handle steering is the combine arm, this is a black, middle-black firing button.
At that time, the hand arms were unloaded, the movement and lifting and the translation of the tower and the guns, the firing was done electrically.

beolvasaacutes0002.jpg

Edited by juge75
  • Like 1