PATTON GOES TO WAR (VIETNAM) - M48A3 1/35 TAMIYA

FrancisGL

Hi Pals,

I have finally decided to build another vehicle from the time of Vietnam, the well-known M48A3. This is the version of Tamiya, an old kit, but as they say an oldie.
It will certainly not be very accurate, but I'm sure I can get a good result.
In principle it will be OOB, but maybe add some extra equipment.
Let the show begin .. (lol).:violin: 

6aBjOrO.jpg

GLvoUX4.jpg

xInQx8n.jpg

DwNUJ8D.jpg

uKH9QlM.jpg

Su7tzud.jpg

2E0josE.jpg

NuuWEr1.jpg

Thx for watch and comment, cheers mates :D

Edited by FrancisGL
  • Like 9

This is a good kit.

It goes together well, looks good and is simple to build while leaving room for improvements. Lots of room. It's crying out for a ton of gear to be hung off it in the manner of "Full Metal Jacket".

Look forward to it.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, combat said:

I like Tamiya builds, the instructions are clear, paint info is provided and the fit is usually quite reasonable.  Anything green is always a good start ;)

You're right, Tamiya's instructions are a delight compared to other brands, thx for your kind comment, cheers mate :D

20 hours ago, phildagreek said:

This is a good kit.

It goes together well, looks good and is simple to build while leaving room for improvements. Lots of room. It's crying out for a ton of gear to be hung off it in the manner of "Full Metal Jacket".

Look forward to it.

From what I've seen, you're absolutely right, everything seems to fit wherever you go, and the level of detail is quite acceptable considering how old the kit is. Thx for your kind comments, cheers Phil :D

• Like 1

Update 02:

I have started by filling the holes in the hull of the vehicle, for the electric motor, I have tried to stick tape inside and then mass with Tamiya putty, which once hardened, I have sanding.

While hardening, continuous with the rolling train, cut, sand, order and assemble, very easy, everything fits perfectly.

Soon more (i hope)...cheers and thx for watch and comment Pals :D

fnoYwov.jpg

KW5fSRe.jpg

f1wqbmw.jpg

q1vE9yG.jpg

qhNtRz9.jpg

2xMJjlm.jpg

4f4Pvd1.jpg

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Gremlin56 said:

Ah, good to see you back on a build Francis, nice choice too.

Thx for your like and kind comment Julian, I can not stop building it every now and then ... lol
I've always liked this tank, it's all a "Heavy Metal", and after the M47 Patton, I'll see how they look together ...

Cheers mate :D

Update 03:

Hi Pals,

Today the progress of the M48, consists of sub-assemblies of smaller pieces, in the hull as in the turret, to be added progressively.
Peparation of the turret for the handles, rear basket, cannon and light of the turret with its cable.

As I mentioned in a post earlier, I could not resist the temptation to see how it would be with his brother the M47 ...

Thx for watch and comment, cheers mates.
:D

m9ihWxk.jpg

54fW3HY.jpg

XlkCdoa.jpg

QN0MqwX.jpg

vstmxQr.jpg

8QjYlGS.jpg

WHlcp0n.jpg

oZdLChK.jpg

xZnWd9O.jpg

qLZp5MJ.jpg

sjqvriw.jpg

6XWHGG1.jpg

I11k86e.jpg

nccMJB0.jpg

jLCiZXQ.jpg

sPSM7q3.jpg

bAgKD1y.jpg

• Like 7

Bit of a vested interest in seeing how this develops. I rummaged around in the stash for a bit and unearthed this. Work from at least 30 years ago if not older. It came to light again when I was clearing my parents house.

sIMG_0266_zpsj2hgojr4.jpg

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Reilly said:

Bit of a vested interest in seeing how this develops. I rummaged around in the stash for a bit and unearthed this. Work from at least 30 years ago if not older. It came to light again when I was clearing my parents house.

Depending on how I finally stay, you may be encouraged to give it a second chance ..., cheers Reilly :D

I'm a bit late to the show. Taking a seat at the back :).

Although it's mostly wingy things for me, I do like a good AFV and like many, have a real soft spot for these old Tamiya 1/35 tanks.

I remember seeing shelves full of them at 'Beatties' shops in the U.K., and wishing that I had more pocket money! 

Great build so far, the kit looks great fun to build and a nice choice of subject :thumbsup2: .

Best regards

TonyT

• Like 1