PATTON GOES TO WAR (VIETNAM) - M48A3 1/35 TAMIYA

FrancisGL

On ‎26‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 20:44, Etienne said:

Hello Francis,

very nice build, you are the master of Vietnam weathering ;)

Cheers, E

Hi E, thx for your like and kind comments, I would like to be a Master, but I try ... lol :D, anyway I'm glad you like the weathering that is taking shape., cheers E. :cheers:

On ‎27‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 17:57, PlaStix said:

That is looking stunningly impressive Francis. Superb work. :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

Thx for your like, you´re very kind mate, I'm glad to hear that "Master of Hairy Stick", cheers Stix :cheers:

Edited by FrancisGL

Update 9:

Hi Pals, today we are in the final state of the model. Continuing the weathering in details, I have bought while AK pigments, specifically the one they have for Vietnam Earth, and I have been applying it for the model, so that the reddish tone has changed to more orange, perhaps more appropriate.

I have seen that in the box of spare parts, I had some pieces that could be interesting to take advantage of, namely the knobs of the boxes of spare parts, that in the kit of Tamiya are simple straight segments.

With a cutter I cut it, and I have replaced it with some "really", which has given a small touch of quality.

It is also used to test the "transparent" acrylic paintings of Vallejo, for the periscopes of the turret, and I was pleasantly surprised, with just a droplet, and a lot more water, the mixture looks great IHMO, above all, you can see in the driver's seat.

I did not have crystals the kit, so I've improvised some, and with the green paint of this range have been as if they were that color (I'm not sure if the green is more correct than the blue ...).

I only have to apply the matt varnish layer to seal everything and "search and destroy" (AKA Vietnam operations) as always if there are any details that I can correct or improve.

Many thanks as always to all those who have had a moment to support me and comment, because that way it is more pleasant to do anything.

Next, photo session with the model already finished in the RFI section.

Cheers to all  :D

ICR6FVa.jpg

CpOIxaa.jpg

HG67lQw.jpg

1eRak20.jpg

jjJh331.jpg

i3pVxBp.jpg

cHhif00.jpg

OzyZrpN.jpg

SuexHod.jpg

yzZwBsd.jpg

3Ap5ljg.jpg

NSlrB1K.jpg

mn5Glzy.jpg

59zZy3a.jpg

scpG075.jpg

6ASwTec.jpg

ZoEzHEj.jpg

6tlFZ4R.jpg

QBZXoU1.jpg

cPVwOFe.jpg

mefcVs2.jpg

IxpVpl2.jpg

koXxT3n.jpg

• Like 11

8 minutes ago, Bullbasket said:

It's turned out really well Francis. Will it be in a diorama?

John.

Thank you very much for your words, I would like a diorama, at least an appropriate base, as a vignette, but I will not even put the antennas (which I have saved), because I have not yet found a showcase or piece of furniture similar to put kits full ... sigh.:crying:

Cheers John :D

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gremlin56 said:

As they say the devil is in the details but you have this wrapped and in the bag. When will you start giving Masterclasses in weathering Francis? :worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy:

Wow, you're very kind Julian, modestly, it seems that with the pigments I'm getting some results, nice ?, good ?, real? ...  :whistle:, although with the mud and splash, I have to work more, the subject of the sponge, Is resilient ...  :rage:I do not get a result that seems "real".
Without doubt a Masterclass would be great (as a tutor), but I do not consider myself qualified ... I still have a lot to learn ...

Cheers Julian :D

13 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

Superb work Francis has resulted in a stunning model. :worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

Thx for tour likes and kind comments, I am glad to hear that mate, It seems that it has not gone bad at all.

Cheers Stix :cheers:

On ‎03‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 21:25, Reilly said:

Cracking work. Nice finish on the periscopes.

Thx for your like and kind comments, they have been better than I proposed / thought they would be ...

Cheers Reilly :D

On ‎04‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 22:23, clive_t said:

No idea how I missed this thread, typical I should find it right at the end of the build! A brilliant result, superb detailing and painting :yes:

Do not worry, better late than never ... :fight:lol, and in case you might be useful, there is the thread for what you need, thank you very much for your kind comments, cheers Clive :D

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ripaman said:

:wow:Francis, well you hit this one out the park mate, and it was a joy to watch :thumbsup:

Regards

Richard

Thx very much for your like and kind comments, i'm glad you like it, cheers mate :D