PATTON GOES TO WAR (VIETNAM) - M48A3 1/35 TAMIYA

FrancisGL

On ‎12‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 06:54, Gremlin56 said:

That is looking great Francis, red dust over the green and nice crispy decals. :yes:

Thx for your kind comment, I am seeing that the oil is magnificent for "washes" and modulations, cheers Julian :D

• Like 1

That is really superb progress Francis. The cast texture and the colouring, plus the added decals, are really bringing this too life! Very nicely done! :worthy:

KInd regards,

Stix

• Like 1

On ‎14‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 12:47, PlaStix said:

That is really superb progress Francis. The cast texture and the colouring, plus the added decals, are really bringing this too life! Very nicely done! :worthy:

KInd regards,

Stix

Thx for your likes and kind comments, IHMO, I'm liking how it's taking shape, I think for the first time I use Mr. Surfacer, the result is quite acceptable.
What I have not achieved is to apply it with the airbrush, although I have increased the pressure of the compressor ... it does not come out ....

Cheers Stix :cheers:

• Like 1

Update 7:

Hi Pals, here we go with the progress of the week. Today we can see the rolling train, with an incipient weathering, testing with oils, and a touch of black rubber on the wheels.

Also in the lower part of the hull. I continued with spot washings on top of the tank, also with oils.

Time to see how the tracks fit, even though vinyl, for the particular model, are wide and fairly defined, in addition, the part where they join, has four anchor points instead of two as usual, which will give you force the union without a doubt.

The focus, at first I thought to do it discovered, but I did not finish liking it as it was, so I've improvised a cover, which I like better.

I've been adding spare parts to the turret, like cables, wheels, etc., in addition to the focus wire. I decided to mount the .50 at the top instead of the special turret, as I have not seen photos with it. 

I drilled the cannon, and polished it a little.

Turn to the tracks, apply a gray base, and while drying, some more weathering in the train (oil).
Dry the base layer on the tracks, a first touch of diluted oil for the metal parts, and another of black acrylic for the rubber parts on the tracks.
You can see the successive washes / paint on the top and bottom of the same.

Once dry, I try to see how they are left in the tank ... IHMO, I think he is very happy with his "new shoes", later, he will "put them in all the puddles he finds" ... lol

Thx for watch and comment, next week, more progress, i hope...:D

Oa30XZT.jpg

iIlBM6F.jpg

97U9BHh.jpg

dXk0t3r.jpg

MDKHDtA.jpg

kBNuGOe.jpg

gEsAos5.jpg

FgvJZJy.jpg

GCLJRLT.jpg

4oAG6zA.jpg

vxvSjdS.jpg

0XSGMOl.jpg

9f39DjZ.jpg

1zSwoBC.jpg

DYsvywy.jpg

9yl2pgF.jpg

taDweJz.jpg

TxkQsYi.jpg

Xt4QZ2V.jpg

S0o1onP.jpg

nDgAIBx.jpg

INrq7uT.jpg

I86T1Ll.jpg

P72Woig.jpg

T7tIWma.jpg

h1rTBdR.jpg

• Like 7

19 hours ago, Gremlin56 said:

Great work on the tracks Francis, this is going to be a real stunner when finished. Super work :D

Thx for your kind comment, I'm very glad you like it, modestly i think i am getting what I proposed in principle.

Cheers Julian :D

On ‎19‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 18:32, Ripaman said:

Wow missed quite a bit here Francis, received a lot of likes, brilliant job mate :like:

Regards

Richard

No problem, thx a lot for your likes, interest and kind comments, cheers Richard :D

On ‎20‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 00:16, Reilly said:

That's coming together nicely Francis. Good use of keeping it subtle for maximum effect. Cheers John.

Thx for your like and kind comment, I think it will not be too dirty or overloaded, I will try to avoid losing sight of the cast and the painting ..., cheers Reilly :D

On ‎21‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 12:58, phildagreek said:

Oh Francis that is just superb. You've made a real winner there, well done!

Thx a lot for your kind comments, I still have enough to "sing victory", but it seems that for your kind comments I'm on the right track.

Cheers Phil :cheers:

• Like 1

On ‎21‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 14:17, PlaStix said:

Excellent progress Francis! It's all coming together beautifully! :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

Thx a lot for your like and kind comments,I'm glad you like it, cheers Stix :cheers:

Update 8:

Let's go with a little more work on the kit.
Once the tracks dry, I proceeded to powder them a little, with a thin pass with the airbrush on them, my idea is that they look dusty, not muddy.

Although I had seen it before in a photo of a book on U.S.A. armor. In Vietnam, a time ago a fellow of the forum I commented something that used to carry the armored ones in Vietnam, a roll of wire, for once deployed, avoided the possible RPGs' shots, which made me confirm that I had to put one in the M48 ...

For this, I used a piece of mosquito net, and a few bits of wire to roll it up, then I put it in acrylic aluminum.
IHMO, I think the result is not bad ... it looks metallic ...

I have put some equipment in the tower basket, Tamiya ration boxes, a piece of equipment of some old kit, that could serve me, the box of ammunition of .50, with a decal that I had spare, and I have continued with the weathering of the lower part of the hull, and the undercarriage, first with pigments, and then with an oil wash, in search of the most appropriate color...

In some photo you can see very well the effect of dry mud ...
Continue with more gentle weathering on the top of the tank, and filling in details.

I have been tempted to see how the Patton, M47 and M48 look together, and IHMO, I quite like it...
:whistle:
Possibly, next week, I will be able to finish the model, because I have not finished with the lower weathering, and I still have to add some details to the kit.

J8zxU2h.jpg

H3q4xXA.jpg

dH2hpu4.jpg

fUWFILr.jpg

zNfkn3Y.jpg

lNjWUNc.jpg

SX91s8a.jpg

7vsjjr9.jpg

zpIWBUV.jpg

5p8qboV.jpg

pCgMoSf.jpg

8VrzJaM.jpg

NFdL8Kd.jpg

SpJmJo5.jpg

lDLctTo.jpg

noWo2gz.jpg

tXPpBw3.jpg

3zuwzDd.jpg

ziWxE2G.jpg

jWCJSMr.jpg

Thx to all for watch and comment, cheers mates :D

• Like 7

On ‎25‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 12:57, Gremlin56 said:

That is a stellar job you have done there Francis, looks really great. Weathering, stowage etc. all well executed, well done sir!

:smile:

Many thanks you for your kind comments, coming from a Forum Master :smartass: (IHMO), and towards a modest and simple Tamiya kit, nothing to do with your magnificent Jadtiger ..), I have no choice but to believe that it is not so bad after of all the work done so far ...

Cheers Juiian :D

• Like 1

On ‎25‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 17:59, Ripaman said:

I could not agree more to what Julian has said above, brilliant project Francis :like:

Regards

Richard

Thx for your like and kind comments, very happy with your opinion, IHMO, of another Master of the Forum.

Cheers Richard :D

• Like 1