JASDF Starfighter Decals

Skyhunter66

Afternoon folks - I have on its way an old Hasegawa 1:32 F104J and I am assuming the decals won't be of much use!

I've had a quick look around and can't see who does aftermarket decals for Japanese Starfighters in 1:32 

Can anyone point in the right direction?

thanks

Chris 

As Japaneese F-104J markings in 1/32 is hard to come by, I think it may be easier to find new main gear doors and convert it into a European one? 

This is the selection over at Hannants; 

https://www.hannants.co.uk/search/index.php?product_category_id=&product_division_id=&manufacturer_id=&code=&product_type_id=&scale_id=953&keyword_search=F-104&setPerPage=100&currency_id=

16 hours ago, Boman said:

As Japaneese F-104J markings in 1/32 is hard to come by, I think it may be easier to find new main gear doors and convert it into a European one? 

This is the selection over at Hannants; 

https://www.hannants.co.uk/search/index.php?product_category_id=&product_division_id=&manufacturer_id=&code=&product_type_id=&scale_id=953&keyword_search=F-104&setPerPage=100&currency_id=

Thank you and yes you are probably right. I am just finishing the Italeri 1:32 F104g and have various schemes I could use to do another European one - it's just I love the Japanese Starfighters!!

chris

Not even Platz seems to be doing decals for the F-104J in this scale. Your best bet may be searching for pre-owned sheets from the same Hasegawa kit.

Alternatively, painting the main markings and printing the codes on decal film may give good results. The problem here is how to reproduce the miriad of stencils that cover the F-104j ! Some of the many JASDF experimental camo schemes use very few stencils, may be worth considering one of these

Another alternative is to build a Canadian aircraft, this would require very little modification, but of course it would not be a Japanese Starfighter..