Airifix A-4B/4P

JPuente54

I found the above kit, along with an Airfix Ju 88A-4(already did this in the WW2 forum), at a local hardware/ironmongers/DIY(select your favourite) store. The price is $12.99USD. The catalogue no. is AO3007. What I would like to know is this a reboxing of an old kit, or a new tool. Anybody know?

TIA

Joe

2 hours ago, tempestfan said:

This kit actually IS 03029 -you swopped the numbers. The A-4 is Airfix's new tool and a better deal than the 88.

The A-4B/P tooling is also about 40 years younger than the Ju 88.  ;)

Cheers,

Andre

Ooops! my mistake! I just checked my thread on the WW2 forum for the Ju 88A-4(one wrote that it is closer to an A-5); and was told that I had mixed up the catalogue numbers. I am glad to read that it is a new(the A-4B) kit; I now know to get it. At this price, it is a bargain. Thanks guys!

I have just finished building  the old tool Airfix A-4 Skyhawk. According to Scalemates, it was first issued in 1958 and has a grand total of 19 parts. I bought it for 50p at a model show. I wouldn't pay anything more for it.

There is no way you would confuse their old tool A-4 with the new tool version.

Guys, I got the Airfix A-4B a couple of hours ago; tempestfan, you are correct; it is a better deal than the old Ju 88. It is a nice looking kit just looking at it. Oh, Eric, this one has 75 parts. Thanks for every thing, the guys at BM come through again.