1/48 Mosquito B Mk IV "Highball" - Finished.

MickE

Thanks Martin. I have had to stop work on it for a bit as my work area (the lounge table) and the rest of the lounge has been obscured by the flat packs and appliances of our new kitchen. Normal service should resume at the weekend as it all has nearly been installed.

Mick

• Like 1

So, the kitchen was finished on Friday allowing me to make some more progress in between painting the kitchen and putting everything back in the new cupboards etc.

Under4_zps1yjgsuoj.jpg

Upper1_zpsyzinvlpk.jpg

Upper2_zpsznocf7ef.jpg

That's all for today. I have started to add the decals and paint the Highball bombs. I have had to use the decals from the FB VI kit, which will be converted to a Sea Mossie, as I have lost the Mk IV sheet.

Mick

• Like 5

10 hours ago, MickE said:

Thanks Ozzy

Is that the complete sheet as I could do with the stencils and green internal framing. Do you want anything for them?

Mick

I will just cut around the grime reaper, everything else you can have. I don't want anything for them as they would have only been binned, if you PM your details I can pop them in the post.

8824d03665aecc0a23ac5dc0b9517112_zpst265

Thanks to Ozzy I was able to apply the decals last night, which is my favourite part of the build. After a coat of matt varnish I need to elongate the slot for the exhaust stacks as this aircraft had a six stack on the outboard of both engines. I haven't been able to find a set of six stack exhausts but I have got a spare five stack set  I can cut a pipe off for each side.

Decal1_zpsrc4disnr.jpg

Decal2_zpskvjzjzde.jpg

Decal3_zpsklj8emyc.jpg

Mick

• Like 6

Coming along Mick, looking good too. I've had issues finding 6 stack zorsts for the outers of my 72th Hasegawa Mossie too, I've ended up having to buy 2 sets from Quickboost just to be able to cut one pipe off and add it on. Major annoyance that. (Didn't have any plastique ones to butcher, so had to go resin instead.)

Not long until she's up on her legs!

Hi Mick. That certainly looks great with camo and decals on. :thumbsup:

But did I actually read you like the decal stage? :hmmm::mental:

Kind regards,

Stix

John, I cheat and use Eduard masks.

Thanks Martin.

After a very productive weekend I have finally finished. Here are some of the pictures, hope you like them. I will put more in the Mosquito gallery.

Done1_zps44rpmxlx.jpg

Done6_zpsk4tkanul.jpg

Done7_zps9zbqqh2p.jpg

Cheers

Mick

Edited by MickE
  • Like 4