Junkers Ju 87B-0 , "pre-production" version V7 prototype

Jon Kunac-Tabinor

Hi all - so on Saturday, I bought, on a whim, the new 1/48th Airfix B-1 kit ( which looks like lovely kit BTW).  Now not being a builder of "enemy" aircraft per se :)  I spent a wee bit of time looking for something a little unusual to finish this in, and was drawn to a few photos of the B-0 version, or to be more exact in fact the V7 prototype. It looks as though this was pretty much exactly the same as the B-1 ( well good enough for me anyway), and the lure of the Stuka in the classic 3-colour pre-war splinter scheme with the large, and very menacing red tail band with white circled Swastika emblazoned on it seems to promise an interesting looking model.

I just have 2 problems - namely - does anyone know where I might find a pattern for the 3 colour splinter scheme ( was it the same as the A versions?), and does anyone know what the typeface was used for German civil registration lettering - as the prototype has thee on the fuselage sides and under the wings.

Cheers

Jonners

Jonners,

I don't know the exact answer to the color pattern(RLM 61, 62, and 63); but, there a number of dedicated Luftwaffe fora(the proper plural of forum btw) for which you can do a search on your favourite search engine. One of those could either give you the pattern for the pre-war Ju 87; or, link you to the place where you'll find it. Or, just wait here for a few minutes and somebody here on BM will know the answer. This is Britmodeller after all.