Revell Maquis Fighter/Raider

Its time for the next model, this time the Maquis Fighter/Raider from Revell.

Yet another kit from the Telford model fair back in 2015, this cost me around £10-15 (I cant remember precisely)

Not much to this kit, even thought it is quite large & no decals either.

So I started glueing the 2 halves of the main hull together, noticing there was some gaps & seam issues to deal with & left them to dry.

Once dry, I started glueing all the side pieces in all the way around, then the pieces that were dotted all around the top of the main hull.

Whilst waiting for all those to dry, I started on the wings.

There were 4 arms to each wing, but 8 halves to glue together to make the four arms, once all dry I marked each of them up with a sharpie so I wouldn’t get confused to which went where.

Then I glued the two halves of each wing together & once dry I glued the arms on to their respective wings.

Then it was simply to glue the complete wing assemblies to each side of the raider.

Pointing the wings up, much like a Klingon Bird of Prey in landing configuration, the hooks on the wing arms were pushed into place (after I put some glue on the plugholes) then the wing was brought down & the hooks locked into place on the upper walls of the plugholes.

Turning the Raider over, I then had to glue the wing spine into place.

Clamping down each of the wing spines into their mounting spaces, with a fair amount of pressure, I left those to dry for 24 hours.

After the 24 hours had passed, I removed the clamps & whilst they had done the job, one of the wings is slightly more down than the other (but that’s ok)

Then the last part of construction was a couple of side pieces I’d forgotten to put on & filled the gaps, then the last piece was the roof panel.

Using a combination of normal model glue & glue n glaze around the windows, I used some electrical tape to hold the roof lid down, but it kept on pushing itself forward, so I used some normal household masking tape & wrapped that around the middle spine to hold the roof back into place.

I removed the tape once dry & the roof lid had dried perfect.

All I had to do was sand the seams down along with the filled in gaps & the Maquis Raider was ready for primer.

Going along with the theme of spraying the grey primer & then a dusting of white with previous builds of the Classic Battlestar & Voyager, I’d gone a little more white than I’d hoped for, but now the raider is ready for paint, as again there are no decals to this kit.

Cheers,

Wayne.

Edited by Deadman Disciple
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, Harrypotter said:

I was planning on lighting mine as it doesn't look like it could get much simpler.

There a lot of ample room inside to put your lighting spaghetti.

Have seen some lighted up on various searches for painting referencing, they looked very impressive.

As I stated in my video, theres also ample room in the forward section to do a full command cabin interior too.

Wayne.