DHC Caribou 1/72 Hobbycraft - UN markings - Finished

HansReggelsen

Hi

While I'm quiet busy in the NATO vs Warzawa Pact 1970'es GB at the moment I plan to build this in the GB:

FullSizeRender001_zpsrfcqyft4.jpg

OOB in Boxart markings.

Should be interesting to make a pure white plane!

OK - until the 18'th of february.

Cheers

Hans J

Edited by HansReggelsen
  • Like 7

Always great to see a "Boo" being built. I've never seemed to have acquired one and when my interest in the type does peak, the 2nd hand market seems to want a fair bit of coin! 

Looking forward to seeing you progress with this one. 

Chers.. Dave 

Thanks to all who replied allthough you'll have to wait until next saturday! :winkgrin:

It's also a interesting for me, as getting an all white plane to look interesting and not toylike will be a bit of a challenge! :D

Cheers :bye:

Hans J

• 3 weeks later...

So finally I'm getting this one started.:bounce:

Caribou001_zpslvhh8tzz.jpg

490fcbc1-9f5b-4560-b070-d6ca538e2b96_zps

I originally hadn't planned to do a lot of correcting on this one, but the cockpit is always a focalpoint on a modelplane so I'll 'do' that up a bit - but just a little bit, mind you! :winkgrin:

Hans J

• Like 4

Well I couldn't leave well alone so I did a bit - only a bit, you know - of the rear cockpitwall (is it cockpitWALL or cockpitBULKHEAD? :hmmm: )

Caribou003_zpsmj47aahn.jpg

That'll be all for tonight! :D

Hans J

• Like 5

Today's update - not a big one, but an important nonetheless: :winkgrin:

Caribou004_zpsxpc1q1tc.jpg

While I was building this I pondered :hmmm: how far I would do this detailing and I've decided that a little more - seatbelts, instrumentdecals etc. and that that will be it. 

Not much one can see through the small cockpitwindows anyway! One has to know when to call it a day! :D

Hans J

• Like 6

Here's - once more - a small update: :D

Caribou005_zpsm9vgcjsu.jpg

Caribou006_zpsu0wgmwkv.jpg

This is just a testfitting. I have glued a new floor to the bottom of the frontpart of the cockpit and this shows the rearwall taped to it.

The plan is to mount the frontpart to the fuselage first and then the rearwall so I have a little 'give' in regards to the final positioning.

Which reminds me of something I've been pondering: I always build my cockpit etc into the RIGHT-hand fuselage first! And THEN line up the left-hand fuselage after that.

Am I alone in doing this or is this the universal law! :hmmm:

Hans J

• Like 9

5 hours ago, HansReggelsen said:

Which reminds me of something I've been pondering: I always build my cockpit etc into the RIGHT-hand fuselage first! And THEN line up the left-hand fuselage after that.

Am I alone in doing this or is this the universal law! :hmmm:

Hmm, not sure if I do the same or not. Maybe unless stated differently in the instructions of the build. I guess it is a dormancy thing like right vs left handed. If you try doing it the other way could feel weird and unnatural? 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, DAG058 said:

Excellent Hans! I like that decal solution, simple but very effective.

Yes I thought too, when I saw it. Saves you a lot of work! :winkgrin:

I remember reading about it, when the kit first came out oh so many moons ago - i think it was in Scale Modeling International! :hmmm:

Hans J