DHC Caribou 1/72 Hobbycraft - UN markings - Finished

HansReggelsen

..and we have a tailsitter! :doh:

I can't fill any more nuts'n bolts in it now, but I found a picture that shows an australian Caribou with a detachable ladder at the rear door.

I'll go with that! ;)

https://www.awm.gov.au/collection/P02432.004

I'll make it out of sprue and lenghten it a bit, so it goes down all the way - ah - ces't la vie! :D

Cheers :bye:

Hans J

That looks pretty good to me Hans, I'll be looking out for the final showing.

Re the tailsitting, if you know anyone with some lead shot, could you not drill a small hole in the nose wheel bay, coat the shot with some thick PVA glue & pop them into the nose while the plane is held nose down. The PVA should stop them rattling & if you work out before hand how much you need , ie, sit some small weights on the cockpit top, you should be able to be fairly precise. Don't seal up the wee hole till you know its ok. ( you can probably use PVA to skin over the hole after & then paint in the wheel bay colour, no-one need ever know. :)

Steve.

• Like 1

And I'm back! :D

Thanks for the input, Stevehnz! :clap2:

It really is a good idea, but I have already filled the void above the front wheelwell with lead :blush: as are the the front of the engines, so the only room left now is just behind the cockpit in the cargobay, and I daren't do that now. :fraidnot:

Next time though!.... :evil_laugh:

And here's where I'm at at the moment:

Caribou036_zpskrmflwsp.jpg

Caribou037_zpstxsl7qxf.jpg

Caribou038_zpsxxjqebid.jpg

When the wheels are done, I'll glue the ladder to the left side rear door.

Maybe not 100% correct, as the pictures I have seen only have a ladder there with the door open, but I'll do it anyway! ;)

Hans J

• Like 3

Well - here we are!

I've been pondering whether to weather or not. :hmmm:

I did a bit on the tailplanes and rudder to accentuate them and put on some exhaust as well, but the more I look at it, the more I like it as it is! :D

So I'm calling this one finished!

Please look up the finished model in the Gallery!

FullSizeRender%2089_zpsxgct11kz.jpg

Cheers and thanks for following this.

Next up is the Mercury in the Prototype GB

Oh - would I build another? :hmmm: - Yes I would. It's a simple kit, but the parts fit great together :thumbsup: - just remember to put enough weight in the nose! :doh:

I just love cargoplanes, and I just remembered I have an Antonov AN-12 'Cub' in 'The Attic'...hmmm - the 'From Russia with love GB' is coming up.....hmmm.... :hmmm:

Hans J

Edited by HansReggelsen
  • Like 2