Handley Page Heyford MK II Revell/Matchbox, 1:72

Thank you all, for so many commends and so many postive words! And all your likes!!

@Arniec Sounds nice. I never did a contest before. There is  really a Matchbox bird i would like to do, but i got bad luck at E-Bay with my Vickers Wellesly. There are sadly some missing parts. I could`not get them, until now, here in Germany.

Best regards

Stefan

Edited by A6Intruder
  • Like 2

A beautifully built Heyford as Mr Matchbox intended.

And good to see someone else who puts the aircrew in their model too.

Thanks for sharing with us Stefan.

Adrian

• Like 1

On 12/02/2017 at 14:27, old thumper said:

That is a lovely job, you were better off building the revell version as it has better quality decals. I may go for building one of these in the matchbox group build later this year.

Everyone's idea of ugly is different, I tend to like most aircraft myself, shame there isn't a Heyford in museum somewhere.

On 13/02/2017 at 08:36, AdrianMF said:

Nice build! The rigging looks great, and it's always good to see an aircraft crewed up. 

Regards,

Adrian

I tend to like most aircraft myself, shame there isn't a Heyford in museum somewhere.

A few years ago I was looking around the air museum at Doncaster and sat on the floor almost forgotten amongst the other exhibits was a real Heyford main wheel spat still with green paint. In recent visits I have not seen it,  I wish I had photographed it. It probably came from a Heyford based at nearby RAF Finningley.

Adrian

• Like 1

On 13/02/2017 at 6:24 PM, A6Intruder said:

Thank you all, for so many commends and so many postive words! And all your likes!!

@Arniec Sounds nice. I never did a contest before. There is  really a Matchbox bird i would like to do, but i got bad luck at E-Bay with my Vickers Wellesly. There are sadly some missing parts. I could`not get them, until now, here in Germany.

Best regards

Stefan

Hi Stefan

List the parts you need on the wanted section of BM, lots of people on here are really helpful.

Good luck in you quest, let us know if the parts turn up.

regards Pat

• Like 1