Handley Page Heyford MK II Revell/Matchbox, 1:72

Hi Mates,

today, i would likt to show, one of my last builds. I got the strong feeling to build "something from Matchbox" It should be something i did not have done during the last 40 years. Tha amount of this was`nt big. So i decieded to do this ugly bird. I got the Version fron Revell, done several years ago, containing no other parts/decals, as Matchbox did, during their release. Doing this build i felt more and more in love with this early ugly bomber.

I changed the guns into whitemetal ones from Aires, no more change done. I used Xtra Colour: British Nivo, done, as allways, by brush.

Hope you like this rarely seen bird. Any Comments are warmly wellcome.

Best regards

Stefan

cillfzqt.jpggl62qqfn.jpgv9spgtnh.jpg

Edited by A6Intruder
  • Like 62

Oh YES !!

Absolutely fantastic !!!

It's not an ugly bird.

It is a typically British bomber from the early thirties with a typical British look, as do the most Handley-Page realisations.

I love it, and I am waiting, perhaps one day, on its brother in 1/48.

:goodjob:

• Like 1

It`s quite ugly with the fuselage pointed on the upper wing. If we talk about pretty bird`s as Mosquito, Spitfire etc. this bird is and will stay ugly. But ugly is not so negative as it sounds. It makes this bird much more interesting than the mentioned planes. Of course in my eyes!

Best regards

Stefan

• Like 3

That is a lovely job, you were better off building the revell version as it has better quality decals. I may go for building one of these in the matchbox group build later this year.

Everyone's idea of ugly is different, I tend to like most aircraft myself, shame there isn't a Heyford in museum somewhere.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Wonderful job congratulations.

Who else but Matchbox would have produced a kit of this aircraft, but we should all be very grateful they did !

cheers Pat

Couldn't have put it better.

Lovely job.

Regards

Tony

• Like 1

Top marks for originality. Well done!

That is a fantastic plane and you have achieved a real winner.

Congrats

JR

• Like 1

Another plus vote from me :thumbsup2: . A lovely job on a classic Matchbox kit.

The paint work really is very nice and it's good to see a full complement of aircrew.

Woukd you mind if I ask what you used for the rigging? It looks accurate and symmetrical.

:goodjob: 

TonyT

• Like 1

That is a great looking Matchbox kit.

If you feel the need to build another one than there is a Matchbox GB that starts in october.

take a look here. 

Cheers,

Edited by Arniec
  • Like 1