Airfix Bentley wheels

paul_c

I currently building the old but excellent Airfix 1/12 Bentley. So far a brilliant kit but let down by those wheels...... Very heavy flash and broken spokes have left me dreading tackling these so I was wondering if any company produces after market replacements? I know some people fabricate their own but that's not for me!

If your feeling brave you could always tackle it yourself and respoke the wheels yourself. It has been done many times and the results are fantastic. I have a 1/8 revell jaguar e-type which i may be respoking the wheels to. There are many tutorials on the internet which can help.

Just a thought for you if you dont want to spend alot of money 😊😊

6 hours ago, paul_c said:

I currently building the old but excellent Airfix 1/12 Bentley. So far a brilliant kit but let down by those wheels...... Very heavy flash and broken spokes have left me dreading tackling these so I was wondering if any company produces after market replacements? I know some people fabricate their own but that's not for me!

Other options for spoke dilema on this Britmodeller build, just read the whole article relating to the spokes:-

I've got a set of Pinto wheels: they're good, and a huge improvement over the Airfix offering. The only down side is that shipping (to Australia, anyway) puts the price up a lot more, so that when it comes to rebuilding the other Airfix Bentley in the stash (the one I made when the kit was first released, which has suffered through several house moves) I'll try going down the do-it-yourself road.