Dutch 311 Sqn. Early 1980s

SoftScience

The dark gray is a mix of Tamiya dark and neutral grays. Then a second coat mottled on, same mix but with a few drops of white.

The Medium gray is Tamiya RAF Medium Sea Gray 2. The light gray is the same, but with a bunch of white added to it. 

The nose - lord knows? I mixed some grays and deck tan, and then kept adding a darker gray until it looked right :)

Edited by SoftScience

For the nose you can use almost every grey. Since its colour can vary from light grey to darker grey. It is a non painted material which gets darker after every flight because of contaminations in the air.

Crewchiefs often will use a sponge to mark it's plane with stripes etc.

Erik

• Like 1

I had the day off of work today for a midday dentist appointment (that was fun!), so I had time to work on this a bit. After some tense moments trying to get the doors to stay on, I've got this bird on its legs. Added the fuel tanks too. I cheated and cannibalized some tanks from the spares (Tamiya - I think). 

I just now noticed that I lost one of the actuators!!! Its got to be on or near the desk somewhere (I hope!)

IMG_20170306_171054468_HDR.jpg

• Like 7

Very nice! Great looking block 15 in the making. We're about at the same stage now. They would look good side by side!

Nice to see a model of this particular F-16. Today it is in service with the Chilean air force.

Erik

• Like 1

well done on completing her, I've just been looking at the photos in the gallery and she looks awesome! You achieved a lovely finish on the paint job, again well done.

I'm glad you joined us for the build and hope it was enjoyable experience.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...