does liquid poly damage chrome plating

MalX

does liquid poly damage chrome plating ??

this is for the Tamiya Knight Hauler ............the exhaust stacks and the fuel tanks, because these items have to glued together while trying to hide the joints, also what paint do you use to touch up the chrome areas, after you've cut them off the sprue, thanks

In my experience of most chrome parts liquid cement will damage the chrome plating. I'd personally use a two part epoxy for chrome parts myself if a really strong bond is needed. Or white pva type wood glue if it doesn't need to be so strong. No paint will really match the chrome plating. I use chrome foil from Baremetal Foil Company for touching up. A small square is all that's needed.

thanks...........i dont know why these parts are moulded in two pieces because you always see the joints, but i might be able to reduce the gap by compressing the parts tightly together with a clamp.

that foil is a great idea, a tiny square over every sprue joint............thanks. 

20 hours ago, Steve Noble said:

In my experience of most chrome parts liquid cement will damage the chrome plating. I'd personally use a two part epoxy for chrome parts myself if a really strong bond is needed. Or white pva type wood glue if it doesn't need to be so strong. No paint will really match the chrome plating. I use chrome foil from Baremetal Foil Company for touching up. A small square is all that's needed.

ok i'll order two sheets, because i'll need to do the window frames as well, the Tamiya Knight Hauler is huge, so it'll need to look realistic.

https://www.wonderlandmodels.com/products/tamiya-114-knight-hauler/