1/144 B-Wing

While we wait for Bandai to release a B-Wing, I thought I'd have a go at rebuilding and repainting the F-Toys 1/144 version I bought a couple of years ago. The kit is generally very sharp, with the exception of the cockpit section, which is moulded in quite a brittle clear plastic, that doesn't react well to glue. Overall though, it's really nice and it was easy to strip down and rebuild. I just wish I could find the other F-Toys Star Wars vehicles. They did a TIE Interceptor, TIE Bomber and even a Lambda Class Shuttle. I'd just love to get my hands on one of those!

B-Wing_zpstdokezeo.jpg

• Like 12

Very nice! I just picked up one of these, and I'm planning to similarly add some detail. 

The rest of the F-Toys Star Wars ships can be found quite often on eBay, although the TIE Bomber in particular is relatively rare, and thus expensive. The A-Wing is quite easy to find in the Ralph McQuarrie-inspired blue color scheme, and is one of the best of the line, IMO

• 4 months later...
On 2/15/2017 at 9:57 AM, Gimme Shelter said:

very nice model adaption. good workings there.  I've never got my head around why they are called B wing though - T wing perhaps but where is the B bit from ?

According to the old art book because it looks like a knife.  It's orginal name was the blade wing. Hence b-wing. 

• 2 weeks later...