Reply function intermittent failure

Hello Mod Team,

First up - thanks for the website - am really enjoying it and spend far too much time on it for my own good. :D

Now for the minor glitch that I would appreciate any advice on that you can offer.

Sometimes when I am on my PC (this never happens on my I-phone) when I click on the 'reply' function under the last post in a thread, the button is completely unresponsive - nothing at all happens. No 'type here' panel opens, no error message - just nothing happens, the button appears completely unresponsive and seems to stay that way permanently. When this happens the same applies to the 'reply' button at the top of the page.

I first noticed this on my 'Mig15 Scratchbuild' thread (aircraft WIP) when on 28 Jan 2017 I went to make a new posting on the thread.  The 'reply' button was completely 'dead' and I was puzzled as to why and what to do about it.  Eventually I decided to try out the 'reply' button on page two of the same thread and it worked - so I just went ahead and posted as usual and left it at that. 

Tonight however when viewing 'chat' and looking at the thread 'Model Theft' I found that, on my PC, the reply button on both of the thread's pages (1 and 2 ) was 'dead'.  This was a pain because it means that my previous work-around was not available.  I do not recall seeing any unusual behaviour in the system prior to these apparently random failures of the reply key.

I have tried all of the simple possible solutions I can think of to clear this problem - switching the computer on and off, closing down all software running in the background (including second instances of Edge), leaving the particular thread and coming back to it. None of these simple 'non-technical' attempts have bought any of the failed buttons back to life.

I am using Windows 10, Microsoft Edge.

Any thoughts or advice welcome.

Regards,

Reconcilor