Eduard Spitfire Mk.XVI w/late wings decal question

Wm Blecky

I picked up a couple of the Overtree boxings of Eduard's bubbletop Spitfire Mk.XVI kit, now I am hunting for decals.  I found a couple of schemes on a LIfeLike sheet:

I am keen on #1 and #4.  Can anyone confirm if either/both of these aircraft are suited to the Eduard kit that I have on hand?  I am also guessing that I'd be after a few sets of the 3 spoke wheels as well?

Thanks!!!

Which wing, early or late? The bubbletop has two versions, early and late. The early is WWII era, the late is post war with a bulge over the wheel bay because the rake was changes (along with the switch to 3-spoke wheels) for operating from paved runways. Absent any information to the contrary, both your choices would be the later wing I suspect.

Hi mate, those two are options in the 1/48 editions of the kit. 

J*mr in the dual combo - option D

https://www.eduard.com/store/out/media/1198.pdf

Black one one is option E for the profipack.

https://www.eduard.com/store/out/media/8285.pdf

Both use the early/non bulged upper wing according to the sheets. 

Perhaps not what you wanted to hear. Some from each do use the bulged wing though...

Given their timeframe, I made the assumption they have the late wing simply because I could not find a photo showing otherwise. 

Now that I've posted that...I expect to be blasted by photos easily googled showing they were early wings without the bulge!

D*GE shouldn't have the blister as it's a wartime aircraft and the mod was July '45 IIRC.  All the others should have, and in the case of J*MR definitely has.

I can't speak for the 48th wheels, but the ones in the 72nd Eduard kits will need the three spoke hubs wheels replaced.  The hubs themselves are bigger but not the wheels. It's one of the few flaws in what is now the absolute Platinum standard Spitfire kit.