This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Sign in to follow this  
AndrewCJ50

6 pdr and crew crash, bang and wallop!

AndrewCJ50    940

Dear Fellow Modellers

Thought I would try my hand at the Riich 6 pdr and crew

ZyDlqOg.jpg

The figures are servicable but not superb.  I gave loader no 1 a Hornet head. I added some more camo tapes to their helmets

WZhImqr.jpg

The markings for the men are Durham Light Infantry in 49th Infantry Division.  Perhaps you could imagine them defending the Rauray spur following Operation Martlet?

1xaWgzS.jpg

Hope you like it?

Andrew

Vince1159    1,823

I'm pretty close to speechles,that's fantastic but can you put a couple of early Panzers into the first photo?...

sonofjim    158

Very nicely done , a beautifully built and finished model with figures looking equally as well painted .

Bravo Sir !

stevehnz    2,880

Like that a lot, it could easily be taken for the real thing at first till one notices they're living in a 3d virtual reality world. :D

Steve.

AndrewCJ50    940

Dear Colleagues

Thanks for your support.  There is a great book on Breaking the Panzers on the defence of the Rauray Spur by the Tyneside Scottish in 49th Polar Bears Div.  They took on Panther tanks from 2nd and 9th SS Panzer Division with their 6 pdrs and held their position.  The new sabot ammunition being particularly effective.  So that is kind of an inspiration

Andrew

Beefy    165

I concur with DAG058, had to do a double take thought it was a photo of what you were about to model. Absolutely amazing.

bzn20    2,071

Great job, love it. That photo backing really works. The gun crew are excellent.

Well done, thanks for showing.

Badder    2,901

Brilliant, and all of the above.

I'd also like to praise the trees though. Can I ask how the twigs/leaves were made?

Rearguards,

Badder

stevej60    15,414

That's a superb build and presentation Andrew those figures are beautifully painted,nice to see the Durham's represented too!

Hepster    87

Lovely job, but I suspect that all that dried grass stalks around the business end would catch fire as a result of the muzzle flash!

Superb.

Aeronut    740
2 hours ago, AndrewCJ50 said:

Dear Aeronut

You know me too well!  I need to do some more photos to get a different backdrop

Andrew

As a member of staff on 612 VGS I spent more years than I can count looking at versions of that view.