6 pdr and crew crash, bang and wallop!

Dear Fellow Modellers

Thought I would try my hand at the Riich 6 pdr and crew

ZyDlqOg.jpg

The figures are servicable but not superb.  I gave loader no 1 a Hornet head. I added some more camo tapes to their helmets

WZhImqr.jpg

The markings for the men are Durham Light Infantry in 49th Infantry Division.  Perhaps you could imagine them defending the Rauray spur following Operation Martlet?

1xaWgzS.jpg

Hope you like it?

Andrew

• Like 30

Dear Colleagues

Thanks for your support.  There is a great book on Breaking the Panzers on the defence of the Rauray Spur by the Tyneside Scottish in 49th Polar Bears Div.  They took on Panther tanks from 2nd and 9th SS Panzer Division with their 6 pdrs and held their position.  The new sabot ammunition being particularly effective.  So that is kind of an inspiration

Andrew

Great job, love it. That photo backing really works. The gun crew are excellent.

Well done, thanks for showing.

Lovely job, but I suspect that all that dried grass stalks around the business end would catch fire as a result of the muzzle flash!

Superb.

2 hours ago, AndrewCJ50 said:

Dear Aeronut

You know me too well!  I need to do some more photos to get a different backdrop

Andrew

As a member of staff on 612 VGS I spent more years than I can count looking at versions of that view.