Lotus Elan racing wheels?l

wally7506

Sorry but you don't give any clue as to what you're looking at. Minilites were used, as were others and some also raced with standard rims.

Have a look at Renaissance's site plus Profil 24 and also slot car inserts if it's not Minilites that you need. 

Dave

Hi wally7506,

Looked a bit deeper, the full-size wheels were used on the Lotus 30 or 40 race cars. They're also similar to ones used on McLarens of around that period, some M1As I think. Cox made a 1/24 slot car kit of the Lotus 30/40 and I believe it had the wheels you need. I think there was also a Japanese kit at one time but I don't know the details of which wheels it came with as not all 30s or 40s used that particular rim.

The Gunze Elan makes up into a nice little model. Don't like the rubbery bits but other than that it's pretty decent. If you can't find inserts, I'd go for Minilites or standard wheels.

Dave

Why not try Jens scale racing,a German 1/24 slot parts site.

Go to side menue ,choose Rader then Felgeneinsatze then 15Zoll and you will find said Lotus/McLaren wheel inserts at 

7.90 euros.Or just use a translator too.Their stuff is of good quality and not a bad price,check out the gallery.Good luck