New look for Air Canada

Jessica

5 hours ago, Skodadriver said:

I see 8a Decals have already covered the new Air Canada scheme.

It would be nice if somebody did the Titan scheme, particularly the 767.  JBot used to do the 737-300 but as far as I know they're now out of business. 

They were quick!

Looks like JBOT is printing again....

9 minutes ago, TrojanThunder said:

They were quick!

Looks like JBOT is printing again....

Yes, Jon was definitely on the ball with this one although I don't imagine the scheme would be particularly difficult for a decal manufacturer.

I'm pleased to see JBot is back in action and I hope he manages to keep it up.  That Titan Airways B733 could be a tempting subject for the 737 STGB next year

• 2 weeks later...

Hi to all you Air Canada buffs, I cannot find any old Air Canada blue/gray , xtracolor X553 seems to have disappeared, nothing at Hannants or other sites advertising Xtracolor, any ideas any one please.I have a Revell B777 with no paint!

Hi Jessica, thank you for your reply. Your Humbrol duck egg blue sounds about right, I'll give that a try.Cheers Lindan.

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 1:03 AM, Jessica said:

Humbrol 23 Duck Egg Blue is a fairly good match match, given that each aircraft was painted individually and none of them look alike. Of course you'd have to do a clear gloss coat overtop.

Surely the paint spec regarding performance, chemical make up and shade/colour and is the same mix, the airlines want the uniform corporate look. The environment will mess that up in time, I remember the Red Air Canada 767s at LHR in the early 90s, terrible close up and some were just about matt.

All aircraft are painted individually ,supplied sticker stencils or just stickers keep the same look .

Like the fin scheme ,classy , a bit 1964 BOAC Gold S/bird and cockpit black surround is an improvement. More than a bit fed up with the White tube army of airliners though.

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 3:44 PM, lindan said:

Hi to all you Air Canada buffs, I cannot find any old Air Canada blue/gray , xtracolor X553 seems to have disappeared, nothing at Hannants or other sites advertising Xtracolor, any ideas any one please.I have a Revell B777 with no paint!

I had the same problem and followed Jes's suggestion of Duck egg blue. I opted for Model Master Acrylic Duck Egg and with a coat of gloss for decaling this is how it looks on an Embraer 175, close enough for my liking :D.

20170228_185316_zpsyi13l25i.jpg

Bob

• Like 3

2 hours ago, bzn20 said:

Surely the paint spec regarding performance, chemical make up and shade/colour and is the same mix, the airlines want the uniform corporate look. The environment will mess that up in time, I remember the Red Air Canada 767s at LHR in the early 90s, terrible close up and some were just about matt.

That's the point I was making :)

No airline paints the entire fleet at once, so each individual aircraft weathers differently, even if they're all weathering at the same rate (which is not something which can absolutely be guaranteed). Line up all of Air Canada's fleet on the ramp at Pearson and not one of them will look exactly the same as any of the others. This means that we modellers can tell the Colour Police to take a long walk off a short jetty.

Use the colour which looks right to you; you're the only judge who counts.

• Like 1

Yes, spot on !

12 minutes ago, Jessica said:

This means that we modellers can tell the Colour Police to take a long walk off a short jetty.

:lol: You just did !

Currently working for mentioned airline. Normally aircraft get repainted about once every 5 years. I doubt the E190's will get any new paint, but the E175's of Sky Regional are getting redone. They've now stated to us more aircraft groomers will be hired to help maintain the finish of the aircraft(washing).

I like the new scheme but just wish they would stop changing it.

• Like 1

Some of the 330's just came out of paint shop, but a couple are due to go in. No current plans to phase out the 330. In fact the routes they are running now from YUL to Europe are their best for profitability. The companies plans are constantly changing, they are even hanging on to all the B767s. That may change if the price of fuel go up drastically.

• 1 month later...

I saw an A321 in the new scheme the other day, and as I feared, the red Male leaf disappears into the black tail when seen at a distance. They really needed to put a white surround or even a white disc behind it so it can be seen.

Edit: Just re-read the early entries on the thread, and yes, I did mistake it for Delta until I looked more closely.

Edited by Jessica
Because I wanted to.