meteor III Post war colours

TOPGUN88

I.have the old airfix kit if the meteor 3 and was wondering other than s high speed silver bird I could find from 1948 is there any other meteor 3s that survived round about this time or after that had any different colour schemes? 

Some of the ocean grey/dark green/medium sea grey aircraft were around for a few years, but apart from those and the high speed silver aircraft the only other scheme that I'm aware of is the hooked F.3 operated by 700 Naval Air Squadron in extra dark sea grey and sky:

Image result for Royal Navy Gloster Meteor

Photograph from source.

Edited by T7 Models

18 minutes ago, TOPGUN88 said:

thanks' didnt realise the camo ones were still around then. how difficult would it be to turn it into a PR bird!? 

AFAIK (I'll dig the books out in a mo)  the  PR Meteor is the PR 10,  which is an odd set of bits,  maybe best  thought of as FR9 with long span wings and early style tail

here's a 1/48th conversion

http://www.hyperscale.com/2013/features/meteorpr1048pe_1.htm

HTH

T

You can use the tail and the undercarriage, plus the centre and rear fuselage.  Completely new engines, modified nose, new canopy - probably longer front fuselage (not sure from memory, or the outer wings).  Basically - don't start from here.

Edited by Graham Boak