Revell Camaro Z/28 RS.

So i recently got this for a bargain price and was really pleased with the kit. This is revells Camaro Z28 RS.

IMG_20170209_122701_zpsivhef7kv.jpg

The kit has 8 sprues which also include one chrome, clear and a transparent red sprue for the tail lights.

IMG_20170209_122916_zpsw8g0s13s.jpg

The parts do look very clean but we will see how it all goes together. I will begin with the engine and also scratchbuild some details. As for colour i am thinking of going all black and making this a real mean muscle car. Work has begun and photos will be uploaded shortly.

• Like 1

So this afternoon i made a start on the bodywork. And as you can see in the pictures below there was a few seam lines which required some minor attention.

IMG_20170209_135545_zpsmo5s5nyt.jpg

The seam line ran across both sides at the rear.

IMG_20170209_135435_zpspnq5giuj.jpg

And once again across the front along each front wing and down the front valance. A steady rub down wil see these disappear and the body will be one step closer to be ready for paint.

Next i will build the basic parts for the engine and then i will work on the exhausts and front suspension.

Im wondering if to lower the suspension to give this a meaner ride.

Let me know what you guys think

Cheers dbostream.

So today and yesterday i managed to get some work done on the camaro and the first thing was to get the engine going. 

IMG_20170212_222835_zps8ooe5g5f.jpg

I decided to go with a hemi orange which i will tone down with some black headers and black cooling pipes and other engine parts.

IMG_20170212_222905_zpspny5mxcy.jpg

As you can see i have already painted the starter motor which needs detail and wiring and also the oil filter which i will add a small decal to for detail.

The gearbox will be painted in aluminium silver to show it as a lightweight gearbox.

Also i have been playing around with the suspension. I wanted to go for a mean machine but not something silly. Here is the basic ride height of the camaro.

IMG_20170212_154102_zpsvzpx6oka.jpg

Front

IMG_20170212_154345_zpsca6pawpj.jpg

Rear

Now i wanted to change the ride height of the chassis so i tackled the front first.

IMG_20170212_154248_zpsyfhvsmez.jpg

After cutting the hub from the front axle i then refitted it at a lower height. I will then apply some heat to the front wings and flare the arches more to give a clearance between the bodywork and the wheel.

IMG_20170212_154410_zpsspvjjek3.jpg

And here is the rear. Sitting much lower the wheels fit into the arches without too much issue.

As for the front wheels i did have to cut a small area from the wheel arches to provide clearance and allow the chassis to sit lower. My next job will be to get the position of the wheels back in place and flare out the arches on the front and remake the wheel arch inners.

Thanks for looking in. More soon folks

4 hours ago, richellis said:

Nice, was this from home bargains? I wanted to get one but they only had helicopters left!

Yes it is i saw the bmw m1 as well a week later but my finances couldnt take another hit 😂😂

12 minutes ago, MetroRacing said:

Looking good. One thing that you might not be interested in anyway lol.

I think the engine should be red. GM use red for their performance engines, Chrysler - Orange and Ford - Blue.

Ashley

Cheers ashley, i learn something new everyday haha. As for the orange i will leave as is and if anyone asks i will simply just state its a custom built engine. I was going to go black but thought it might hide a little too much detail.