Pocher - now dropped by Hornby

roymattblack

I was looking at the Pocher website just now and noticed that every single car kit, and the bike, is sold out.

Can't help but wonder why.

Could it be that they aren't making any new stock?

Last year they listed the Mercedes 300SL as the next new model.

2 weeks later it was pulled from the page and now the kit is being sold as a partwork by Eaglemoss in France - released this week.

Hopefully Pocher aren't going to disappear.

Roy.

Edited by roymattblack

I agree it is very odd that all the kits are out of stock, it may just be a very clever sales tactic of just trickling a few out every now and again to get sales up instead of just having many in stock at once. Kind of scaring buyers into thinking they have very limited stock left so buy now. Or they could just be updating the website or may just genuinely be out of stock lol 

Shaun 

Yes, I saw that too.

Here is the text:

Pocher News: Here is the current state in the moving company history of Pocher: The Danish Pocher importer Vestergaard has bought Pocher, Hornby England has separated from the brand. At the moment the extensive inventory (including about 1600 Ducati kits) is transferred from England to Denmark. In the future, the global threads of Pocher will be combined in Viborg (Denmark). Vestergaard wants to secure the future of the brand in the long term and a new model is to be launched already towards the end of 2017. This is good news in the face of the uncertain development in the UK due to the Brexit and Hornby's tense financial situation. The Pocher community is impatiently waiting for innovations, and mistakes such as the much too low production number of the Lamborghini Huracan or the announcement and subsequent cancellation of the Mercedes Gullwing must be avoided in the future. We will continue to inform our customers about innovations from Pocher. We have already communicated our ideas about future models to Mr. Vestergaard. What we are interested in, is the opinion of the worldwide Pocher community. Please write us which new car models you would like, or whether it would make sense to add another motorcycle model to the new line of two wheels. Just click on this link and let us know your ideas!

I received my Pocher Huracan last week. I'm very disappointed. There are parts missing and some of the die-cast frames are bent out of shape.

The box was well sealed and protected, so I can only assume that the metal parts were bent in the factory, or during the boxing process.

Given how much these kits cost, I expected nothing short of perfection. What I got was far from perfect.

I've contacted my supplier today about replacement parts, but I'm not holding my breath.

I'm preparing to send it back.

Extremely disappointed.

If I do indeed send it back, I'll buy instead the two Tamiya 1/12 kits; Ferrari Enzo and Porsche Carerra. And still have several hundred bucks left over as compared to what the Pocher kit cost me!

Having said that, I've built Pocher's Ducati and Lamborghini Aventador, neither of which presented the same problems as the Huracan. I have read about 2 other people with similar Huracan issues.

What the hell is going on with your quality control, Pocher??