Hope's Sword (4 x Eduard 1/72 Spitfires)

Sorry to hear you're feeling rough again PC... time to show Mrs P the 'man flu' video? You need a bit of 'Poor little bunny' care...

It doesn't seem to have effected your modelling - those three look spot on and, as Stew says, you've mastered that Soviet decalling - perfect!

Great job on all three :) 

• Like 3

They all look very good PC, lovely paint finishes. The boxing dog does look superb, good choice :thumbsup2: 

Sory to hear that you're all under the weather, hope you all get well soon.

Best regards

TonyT

6 hours ago, CedB said:

You need a bit of 'Poor little bunny' care...

Ced,

you are dreaming!  The "poor little bunny" care concept is typical of pampered European societies!!!

I can promise you that this damn tempting philosophy never made it south of the Equator. I even know better than mentioning these fateful words to my wife, who incidentally was born in the Perfidious Albion... I cherish my life too much for that. And here, men are real men... we never get sick. We just die quietly.

Having finished with all this bull...t, I maintain that children are the most dangerous creatures in the universe when it comes to spreading diseases, deadly or otherwise.

Mr.P, your 4 Spits look absolutely fabulous!

Try not to die from the bubonic plague before you have a chance to finish them. And don't waste your money on a doctor. Call an exorcist.

JR

• Like 2

On 3/12/2017 at 3:29 AM, Beard said:

Good work on that Soviet one, I'm not sure I would have the patience to do it that well.

One of the cool things about managing to not kill a small person for sixteen months now (knock wood!) is that I seem slightly more patient/quietly resigned to my own inevitable death.

On 3/12/2017 at 9:27 AM, jean said:

Try not to die from the bubonic plague before you have a chance to finish them. And don't waste your money on a doctor. Call an exorcist.

I think I've mentioned (innumerable times) that my own parents had me exorcised as a young man. It didn't take, clearly, since I ran away from home pretty soon after, for some reason.

21 hours ago, Cookenbacher said:

arrow pointed lightning bolts may become the new shark mouths.

Perish the thought!

On 3/12/2017 at 3:00 AM, CedB said:

Sorry to hear you're feeling rough again PC... time to show Mrs P the 'man flu' video? You need a bit of 'Poor little bunny' care...

I did show her, but she didn't seem too impressed. 

In any event, I'm home sick with Winston (he's also sick and has gotten my mother too sick to watch him, so here we are). I'll likely be out tomorrow too, and probably have to go in to work on my birthday now, which displeases me immensely. Also, it's snowed. I mean, like really snowed.

This is my side garden as of two minutes ago:

33264677572_f3067a0e51_h.jpg2017-03-13_11-13-33 by Edward IX, on Flickr

Really.

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, Biggles87 said:

Shame that Winston is probably not well enough to appreciate the snow. Get well soon, all of you.

He keeps pointing out the window and saying "uh-oh". Uh-oh is right, kid.

• Like 4

Yes, do get well soon all :)

I always think snow looks pretty through the window. From the inside, obviously, and from inside your own house - getting snowed OUT is pants.

Going out in it seems great, especially with little one, until frozen fingers start to thaw and the pain results in horrible screams. The kids make a fuss too.

Snowman though? Has to be done. At least once.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Procopius said:

Also, it's snowed. I mean, like really snowed.

Everyone's panicking here - even Kenosha has declared a "snow emergency". Having said that, I'm thinking of leaving work early to beat the rush of Wisconsinites who have apparently forgotten how to drive in snow...

Hope you all get better quickly, PC!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Procopius said:

One of the cool things about managing to not kill a small person for sixteen months now 

I think I've mentioned (innumerable times) that my own parents had me exorcised as a young man. It didn't take, clearly, since I ran away from home pretty soon after, for some reason.

I would not even attempt to be with a "small person" for 16 hours, as life in a max sec prison or a blotched lethal injection would be the end result... As a child I was a monster, no, really, and I spent most of my youth with red fingers imprints on my cheeks and whip marks on the back of my thighs... All this administered by my loving mother... These were the great days when you could buy whips to use on your kids in hardware shops, etc. Anyway, I have always refused to have kids because I KNEW that my horrible behavior would be revisited upon me!!! 

And it is when I meet a kid: they are always noisy, obnoxious, etc, as if they sensed what I once was....

But that is not important. What matters is how impressed I am to know (even virtually) someone who has been exorcised!!! Now, how cool is that? What did you do? Did you sacrifice a nubile virgin in your dad's garage, or were you speaking in tongues, enveloped in a sulphur-smelling cloud?

I almost got that happen to me once, but it sadly did not happen! Damn! Then I started building plastic kits and life became boring.

• Like 1

I feel a certain fellow-feeling PC as I probably required exorcism earlier in life,  and as a consequence now roam the earth with a dark and persistent sense that all is not as it appears to be, or indeed, is as it should be. Particularly on Thursday mornings, for some reason.

The tidings of infirmity at Ice Station Procopius are a source of displeasure, though to craft such fine Spitefiery when awash with agues is surely the sign of a handsome warrior-spirit. 

Fond wishes for a swift familial recuperation.

Tony

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Procopius said:

One of the cool things about managing to not kill a small person for sixteen months now (knock wood!) is that I seem slightly more patient/quietly resigned to my own inevitable death.

I think I've mentioned (innumerable times) that my own parents had me exorcised as a young man. 

In any event, I'm home sick with Winston (he's also sick and has gotten my mother too sick to watch him, so here we are). I'll likely be out tomorrow too, and probably have to go in to work on my birthday now, which displeases me immensely. Also, it's snowed. I mean, like really snowed.

I thought you where joking about the exorcism.  Not so much now. 

When is your birthday?  Mine is the 15th.

6 hours ago, jean said:

But that is not important. What matters is how impressed I am to know (even virtually) someone who has been exorcised!!! Now, how cool is that?

Not particularly cool at the time, I can assure you. My father told me he wasn't speaking to me, but to the demon inside me. How on earth do you respond to that? It's much funnier in retrospect.

6 hours ago, jean said:

What did you do?

It's a longish and kind of depressing story that I may tell sometime, but not today. 

1 hour ago, Thud4444 said:

When is your birthday?  Mine is the 15th.

Ditto! We're birthday bros. I bought myself the complete series of Magnum P.I. on DVD. My siblings got me a punch-and-die set, which I now need to think up a use for.

Thanks everyone for the wishes for health. I still feel lousy, as does Mrs P. Winston seems barely slowed.

• Like 6

You call that snow? Phooey...just a dusting. In the Blizzard of 2014, also known as "Snowvember," portions of the Buffalo area got 5-7 feet of snow in two days.

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 3

Magnum P.I. and a beautiful Spitfire picture - you're going to have a great day PC (I hope!)

The punch set will be invaluable when you need some tiny bits of plastic for radios and things, or when you need a strip with tiny holes in. Not an everyday tool, but nice to have.

• Like 1