French Mirage IIIC 1/48 Eduard

19 hours ago, Hewy said:

You're right dave it does look good,what kind of finish are you doing, bmf or camo

Cheers Hewy.  Going for my first bmf using Vallejo Metal Acrylics.   I actually did the work last nigh so will be posting later.  

Dave

7 hours ago, Lex77 said:

Nice one! Always good to see a French Delta.

As with the rest, I'm really interested how the Vallejo Metallic paint turns out. Heard some good things about them.

Cheers Lex.  Give me a couple of hours and I will put up a photo or two...

Dave

• Like 2

First off was the Vallejo gloss black undercoat.  Sprayed pretty well after I adjusted the settings a bit.  I am still not sure what it am doing with my airbrush 😀

B024932F-39BF-4B7B-9F3D-358358BC7BF4_zps

After about 24 hours on went the Vallejo Metallic Aluminium.

1B15A7A1-C4AE-40AE-8CDB-ADC6209DEEBE_zps

E5A76A46-4DEE-44B9-A1F3-019E83CDC644_zps

I am pretty happy with the result but please all comments welcome.   

My my next task is to work out which panels should be sprayed steel and which ones should be sprayed grey (the instructions are somewhat ambiguous).  I may also spray some panels dull aluminium as this seems to fit with the slightly mottled pictures I have seen.  All help appreciated.

Dave

• Like 5

Oooh. Looks all slick and fast in silver! Very nice.

My own experience with Vallejo aluminum: give it a few days to cure, and God help you if you need to gently sand anything. The paint does not feather, it peals.

Edited by SoftScience

Nice work Dave.

Its interesting to see your results as like few others I have some of these paints to try. I also have some of the newish AK metal paints to compare them with.

Watching with interest.

James

:popcorn:  

Kudos on attempting the BMF.  I haven't gotten the gall to try it yet, but I've got a couple in the stash that have no way around it (B-58, B-47).  So my day is coming sooner or later.  

I just "acquired" the IAF boxing of this kit.  Looking forward to see how this compares to the Kinetic kit I built a year ago.  I know that kit required a bit of patience and fiddling.  Must be a Mirage thing. :lol:  

• 1 month later...