G3M references sought!

Murray

Hey everyone, I'm planning on making a G3M soon, by Arii. I really like Japanese planes, pity they seem so much rarer in Britain for some reason. I was wondering if anyone had any, or knew of any decent reference photos? Particularly for the interior. I can't find much online. 

Cheers! 

Thanks guy! I'll look into these leads.
It's weird how little there is on these planes, they produced quite a lot of them! Even my usual last resort method of getting reference for planes - looking at newly tooled versions of the kit and copying the detail out of them sadly failed. The only other kit I've seen of this plane is the Hasegawa tooling from 1997 and it's equally as un-detailed. Arguably worse because it normally retails for £40-50, whereas this Arii kit I managed to nab for £8 on eBay...

1 hour ago, Jure Miljevic said:

Hi, Murrodels

I agree with Lars, Burindo is your best bet. Not many photos of interior, but there are some decent drawings, including one of the control panel. Both Aircam and Schiffer have the same three photos of interior and IIRC Profile has none. Cheers

Jure

Maru Mechanic also did a monograph on the G3M, but it's been OOP for a LONG time and might be hard to find.

Mike

• Like 1

If you can find one, the Maru will probably be your best bet. I'd also imagine that Koku Fan will have covered the G3M in their modellers' section one time or another, but I can't provide any reference - and as it Comes from the same stable as the FAOW title(s), it may contain only the same material as the FAOW.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, warhawk said:

Hey!
Thank you so much for these, they are incredibly helpful.
I love that picture in the first link showing the two tones of green the plane had been painted... I might just work that in with a little artistic license haha.
Again, thanks, I appreciate it!