1/72 - North American B-45A/C & RB-45C Tornado by Valom - released - Caracal decals+New Ware Masks+new RAF boxing

Homebee

The variants announced:

- ref. 72120 - North American B-45A Tornado - expected April 2017

- ref. 72121 - North American B-45C Tornado - expected April 2017

- ref. 72122 - North American RB-45C Tornado - expected October 2017

- ref. 72123 - North American RB-45C Tornado (RAF) - expected October 2017

- ref. 72125 - North American RB45C Tornado (Korean War) - expected October 2017

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 2

Yes, yes, YES.  One copy of kit 72123 for me, please...particularly if it has a decal for the eyeball on the extreme nose.  Please oh please let it be a good representation of the aircraft (although surely it can't be harder than the Mach 2 kit).

Edited by mhaselden
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, mhaselden said:

Yes, yes, YES.  One copy of kit 72123 for me, please...particularly if it has a decal for the eyeball on the extreme nose.  Please oh please let it be a good representation of the aircraft (although surely it can't be harder than the Mach 2 kit).

I know they have been given some good info.

That's good to know, Dave.  Certainly a promising insight.  I do hope they get it reasonably right (all things being equal).  This kit will definitely drag me out of my normal scale (1/48) and away from my main stock in trade (WWII prop aircraft). 

• Like 1

I'm not sure the Valom Hampden having over-sized transparencies is enough to blacken the name of all Valom products.  Their B-26 had too wide a fuselage but others in their range don't - maybe the Hampden should have and there'd have been less complaint about the transparencies.

A slightly wider Hampden is a nice thought - wide enough for a heavier bombload and even a dorsal turret?  Perhaps an FN7 or even an early Bristol - but given the links between BP and HP then a BP Type C just isn't a nice thought.  Sorry, I've just had an attack of the WIFs.

• Like 1

On 20/02/2017 at 19:58, Homebee said:

The variants announced:

- ref. 72120 - North American B-45A Tornado - expected April 2017

- ref. 72121 - North American B-45C Tornado - expected April 2017

- ref. 72122 - North American RB-45C Tornado - expected October 2017

- ref. 72123 - North American RB-45C Tornado (RAF) - expected October 2017

V.P.

Coolth, boardering on sub-zero.

Thomo.

• 1 month later...
On 2/23/2017 at 2:19 PM, Mike Esposito said:

Don't think I can wait till fall for the recon version..:hmmm:

Neither can I, but it will give me time to save up for it by selling a bunch more kits & aftermarket. :blink:

Larry

A quid is the equivalent of a buck... depending on where you are the currency may vary :D

50 quid (UK ones...) is indeed a bit steep. Must say that on my shores Valom kits often end up being discounted after a relatively short time so I may wait. Hannants prices are also almost invariably at the top end, other shops may save the modeller a few quid

• Like 1

50 pounds???  In Holland they will be about 35 Euro''s  or about UKP 29,-  If my calculations are right that is. Or are there expected prices after Brexit... including import taxes??

32 minutes ago, Branky said:

50 pounds???  In Holland they will be about 35 Euro''s  or about UKP 29,-  If my calculations are right that is. Or are there expected prices after Brexit... including import taxes??

Brexit is certainly biting on prices.

Thomo 

As Brexit will not happen in at least two years (that is the minimum time needed to complete the negotiation between the UK and the EU), any price increase in Britain is only due to the exchange rate fluctuations, no import taxes will happen before the exit is complete.

I've seen this kit advertised by a German shop for below €30, don't know what delivery costs may be like though. A UK shop named Tiger Hobbies (that I had never heard before) seems to have the bomber on preorder for £35

41 minutes ago, The Tomohawk Kid said:

Which is a consequence of Brexit.

Thomo

Without going down a certain path.....no, it is a consequence of currency traders trying to make a fast buck. Always has been, always will be.