Northrop F-15 reporter.

roadrunner

Hello,

I would like to convert the 1/48 P-61 GWH to a F-15 Reporter.

I need to find info about the  canopy,  the one in the Lone star model conversion kit is the large prototype canopy. Not usable for a recon or borate bomber version.

I ear about a conversion article in Meccano Magazine, in which issue?

10 hours ago, stevehnz said:

You're probably familar with this site then, it has similar or same drawings. To be honest looking at photos & drawings, I'm not seeing the canopy as too big, the close up shot of the canopy from the right rear shows just how huge it was.

Steve.

this one?

41366371ddMedium.jpg

It is the prototype canopy, compare with series model:

524266F15canopy.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Graham Boak said:

The plan view shown of the series version does not show different lines to the prototype.  Possibly it is different in side view, lower or less bulbous at the position of the second seat perhaps, but I can't see it in the comparison given.

IIRC,the prototype canopy hinged to the side and the subsequent aircraft had a canopy that slid to the rear- you can see the canopy track for that canopy in the photo of the upper view. The canopies themselves were identical, I believe. I used to have a set of closeup detail photos of the exterior and interior, but I can't seem to remember if they were lost the last time my 'wood-burning' laptop crashed! Will try to relocate the site I got them from originally, as I have been saving my Lonestar P-61E conversion set for future use. (Bet the crew had to use a lot of sunscreen under that huge fishbowl!)

Mike

• Like 1