Airfix 1/72 Me109E quick question

Max Headroom

Afternoon all - a quick question about the very nice little 1/72 Airfix 109 and specifically the starter kit boxing if I may. It's the Von Werra scheme.

I've got to the stage where I have completed the main airframe and it's received a wave of Humbrol grey rattlecan primer in readiness for the camouflage.

Trouble is there's a little niggle in the back of my head, because I'm sure that someone here on this Forum described the colour scheme as a work of fiction - something to do with the upper colours being transposed.....?

Now I know next to nothing about Luftwaffe camouflage schemes, but my Spitfires need something to shoot at! This is a straight out of the box build, but I would welcome any advice on the authenticity of the scheme.

Whilst I'm at it, I believe the new Humbrol RLM paints are not terribly good. Does that extend to the potlets included with this kit?

Thanks in advance :)

Trevor

ps I'll post the finished article in the RFI thread. 

I've been using the small pots provided by Airfix with the Do17/Defiant boxing, and find them very good.  I've seen it said that they are acrylic rather than enamel, but if so I hadn't known this and have been cleaning my brushes quite happily with white spirit.  Results with the new enamel Luftwaffe colour tins appear to have been mixed.  I only have the RLM02 and although not particularly excited by it, it certainly hasn't been anywhere near as bad as some report.  Stir, stir, stir and stir again.

• Like 1