Supermarine Spitfire Mk.XVI Brassin Resin Accessories for Eduard Kit - 1:72 Eduard

Supermarine Spitfire Mk.XVI Brassin Resin Accessories for Eduard Kit

1:72 Eduard

spitxvi_01.jpg

This brace of new resin sets for Eduard's Spitfire Mk.XVI mirrors those released for their Mk.IX a few months ago. As good as Eduard's kit might be, there are still limitations to what can be achieved with injection moulded plastic. The Czech firm have recognised this and delivered a suite of neat upgrades that should please every modeller keen to make the most of their new muse. 

Supermarine Spitfire Mk.XVI Top Cowl for Eduard Kit

spitxvi_02.jpg

Eduard have produced a resin upper cowling for the new kit, which is helpful if you don't fancy dealing with the seam caused by the division of the kit part into separate port and starboard halves.  The replacement part is well made and will be handy if you wish to finish your model with an exposed engine.

bin.jpg

Supermarine Spitfire Mk.XVI Wheels for Eduard Kit

spitxvi_03.jpg

Nice as the kit wheels are, there is a limit to the level of detail that can be achieved with injection moulded plastic alone. Eduard have therefore produced these resin items as direct replacements for the kit parts. As with the cowling, the quality of casting is excellent. Eduard have included a set of paint masks too, and having used Eduard’s pre-cut masks on a number of occasions, I can vouch for their usefulness.

bin.jpg

Conclusion

There's nothing much wrong with Eduard's XVI, but even the best kits can be improved on. Naturally Eduard themselves have provided the means to enhance their kit, and with a host of photo etched parts (reviewed elsewhere), this new range of kits and accessories is shaping up to be one of the premier modelling projects for fans of WWII subjects. Highly recommended. 

Review sample courtesy of logo.gif

• Like 1

I see the point you're trying to make, as in it's perhaps easier to spray paint if you don't have steady hands or small brushes. But I don't reckon its quicker. Getting paint thinned and then the cleaning afterwards of the airbrush for a tire that would take around 15 seconds with hairy stick.... 

Economy of effort. 

But each to his own. 

Also walking is healthier. Unless you get knocked down by someone who leaves the pavement and mounts the sidewalk :smile:

• Like 1

Hello dears,

And mind yourself,

Look at the other side first depending on the side of the pond:unsure::huh:

Also when you leave a pub after a beer or two, mind the gap is also a valuable info in the tube.

Every of the situations here above are live ones:idea:

Sincerely.

Corsaircorp

On 12/02/2017 at 8:25 PM, Tony Oliver said:

Do they not sell small paint brushes across the pond? 

On 12/02/2017 at 8:40 PM, Procopius said:

They do. They also have sidewalks, but sometimes it's quicker to drive a car.

The USA is home to some of the finest paint brushes in the world. The best are manufactured using select fibres from President Trump's own head. Fact.

• Like 1

Much as I admire their casting, I'm dubious about the accuracy of the 3 spoke wheels - the plastic ones in the kit had larger hubs but the wheels themselves were the same size as the 4 spoke hub wheels yet the 3 spoke wheels should be significantly larger.  Personally, I'd check these in the flesh, so to speak, before handing over any wadge.