Hi All

vespaboy48

Been out of the scene for many years and now after looking at some of the builds I want to get started again. Anyone recommened any good 1/72 WW2 aircraft kits I can get my few remaining teeth into?

Cheers

Hi there vb48, Airfix have probably the best spread of 1/72 kits subject wise, Tamiya or Hasegawa are probably better in terms of detail but of course more costly.

1/72 isn't really my area of expertise so someone will be along with some advice soon.

Welcome to Britmodeller .

18 hours ago, vespaboy48 said:

Been out of the scene for many years and now after looking at some of the builds I want to get started again. Anyone recommened any good 1/72 WW2 aircraft kits I can get my few remaining teeth into?

Cheers

There are way too many kits that would be considered "good" to list them.

What have you got in mind -

single engined?

twin engined?

three or more engined?

Many thanks for the reply.

Looking for single or twin engine just to get back into the swing of things. It must be a good twenty years since i made a kit and how things have changed!!

Mark

Some of the new Airfix releases are real little beuts. Their new tool Zero or Wildcat would be a good introduction into the world of modern era kits.

If you want something a bit more sophisticated, all the reports and reviews I've read of their new tool Beaufighter have been very good.

Hi everyone,

Did not yet get a chance to introduce myself, will do straight after this reply. 

I'm a 72nd scale modeller and all I can say is that Airfix produdes a lot a great kits now. I built a few of them and all builds went really smooth. 

Here a pic of my Defiant built two years ago

20151230_131216s.jpg

And one of my spitfires

20150215_143853r.jpg

The hurricane is also a good choice as well as the typhoon MkI

IMG_1443s.JPG

Hope this can jus give you some ideas and inspiration :)

Happy modelling

JC