1-72 HP Hampden - AZmodel

AZ promised to rectify the Valom transparency issue and it looks like they have; rather magnificently :).

A lovely model, very nicely built and presented. I think that when my bank account permits a maritime version will be purchased!

Great stuff

TonyT

Very nice indeed.  Shows off the Hampden's somewhat unusual lines beautifully.   Did you make the nose art yourself? Going to have to get one of these I think.  I was always put off by the Valom release because I'd heard the transparencies were a nightmare. 

On 2/6/2017 at 2:59 PM, woody37 said:

Are those the new transparencies?

Nice build :)

Thanks Woody but I don't feel it's as good as yours.  Yes the transparencies are from the kit.  Most fit well but the cockpit one was not the best.

On 2/6/2017 at 10:24 PM, airbus320 said:

Very nice! I like that a lot. I have this one in the stash, how was the fit of the clear parts?

Thank you.  They were OK but not perfect by any stretch.  The cockpit canopy needed a lot of work

22 hours ago, Meatbox8 said:

Very nice indeed.  Shows off the Hampden's somewhat unusual lines beautifully.   Did you make the nose art yourself? Going to have to get one of these I think.  I was always put off by the Valom release because I'd heard the transparencies were a nightmare. 

Thanks, Kit decals including the nose art.

On 2/7/2017 at 7:00 AM, tonyot said:

Another little beauty there Bill, it looks great in 408 Sqn markings mate,

Cheers

Tony

Thanks Tony - I actually thought about you when I chose the scheme.  I've realised that you have many times more Canadian models finished than me and it's time I did something about it.  Feeling a little patriotic now.  Cheers!

• Like 1

On 2/6/2017 at 11:16 AM, Bill Bunting said:

408 Sqn

Nice one, gotta love Goose Squadron. Did you happen to find out who piloted this aircraft? I've  been interested in Goose since meeting the late Bob Gall's wife in 2010.

Hello and cheers from chilly St Thomas. 

Thanks for the kind words. The pilot was WJ Burnett born in Fredericton NB. He joined the RAF and fly Hampdens with 49 Sqn before going to 408.

burnett_wj_zpsx5rf70om.jpg

I found this info about the aircraft and a crash.  http://www.49squadron.co.uk/personnel_index/detail/Burnett_WJ

and this on RAFweb  http://www.rafweb.org/Biographies/Burnett_WJ.htm

Chilly and snowy up here in the Beach.

Cheers

• Like 3