1/48 Hobbycraft Beaver floatplane

glyn

It took a while to get hold of this kit but eventually a fellow modeller let me have his.Nice chap,you know who you are.I wanted to build a Sydney seaplane beaver which i flew in whilst over there.Not quite finished as i cant get hold of seven point stars for the tail and the sydney seaplanes web address for the side of the fuselage.A bit of scratch building was needed as the kit is a bit basic but i like her and it reminds me of my trip.

32705568896_29a8a46cc3_b.jpg_MG_5065 by Glyn Fuller, on Flickr

32746379245_b775637a32_b.jpg_MG_5064 by Glyn Fuller, on Flickr

32705568786_00f64f24d3_b.jpg_MG_5066 by Glyn Fuller, on Flickr

Last shot for scale.

Glyn

• Like 30

1 hour ago, Air-to-Air said:

This aircraft regularly flies past the apartment block that I live in. It's nice to see a beautiful scale rendition of something I see all the time.:yes:

You will notice the missing decals then.I really must have a go at doing my own to finish her off.

Glyn

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Cameraman said:

Hi Glyn,

you can't beat a Beaver.

I wonder how you got on in handling the brittle, clear plastic fuselage,where you just mask up the windows etc, as I just couldn't get my head around the type of plastic, so I stick with the Airfix options?

Actually i found it to be quite nice.Yes it was off putting at first being clear but the fuselage halves fitted quite well and once covered in primer it felt like a normal kit.Just a shame it was so basic.We really need a proper upgrade.

Glyn

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, The Cameraman said:

Hi Glyn,

you can't beat a Beaver.....

I'm pretty sure it's against the law!

I didn't realise it was a clear body. That must have been a little odd to build.

I have their Cub that's the same.

Any good tips on the use of the plastic?

Rick.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Rick Brown said:

I'm pretty sure it's against the law!

I didn't realise it was a clear body. That must have been a little odd to build.

I have their Cub that's the same.

Any good tips on the use of the plastic?

Rick.

Rick

Once you mask and paint the body it goes together just like a normal kit.At least the windows are a doddle.The plastic is quite thick and solid but nice.Accuracy to detail probably not the best though.

Glyn

• Like 2