Bandai Green A-Wing

This was probably my most favourite Bandai kit to date. No glue anywhere and all the seams are small or hidden. I lit this with a couple of Leds and button batteries so it's all contained. The switch is hidden behind the right gun and the batteries are accessible via the underside panel.

IMG_5844

IMG_5836

IMG_5835

IMG_5826

Edited by gamblor916
Photobucket
  • Like 30

Really lovely, the lit engines are perfect.

What kind of switch did you use? It looks like a sliver of PCB with switch on the edge rather than sticking up?

Will

• Like 1

I really like it and I particularly like these kits in 'non-standard' or 'not in the movie' colours - in an odd way it makes them feel a bit more 'real' to me, perhaps because I haven't seen them like this before. Irrespective cracking model - thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

I've been asked how I've cramed all the lighting bits in there so rather than explaining with just words I've pulled it apart and taken a few shots. Bandai have done such a great job with this kit that it's an easy exercise to disassemble and reassemble at will.

Here's the battery access in case I need to replace the batteries.

IMG_5866_zpst7rb8fyp.jpg

This is the general wire layout. Just a simple parallel circuit. Battery holder is just a few bits of styrene glued into a box.

IMG_5868_zpsslouh9hr.jpg

IMG_5879_zpsimqcxdoa.jpg

Led fits inside a hole drilled on part B8.

IMG_5871_zps9m3acjef.jpg

I hope you can see the areas I needed to cut away so the wires can thread through.

IMG_5870_zps0mjxem3b.jpg

IMG_5877_zpsjgyoo4uk.jpg

Switch is hidden next to right gun mounting point. I use tweezers to turn it on and off.

IMG_5882_zpsswrwmyxb.jpg

Put it back together and everything stills works.

IMG_5886_zps8h21ltou.jpg

IMG_5840_zpsmd26kgdb.jpg

• Like 7

Very nice. I plan to do mine in green as well. The A-wings that attacked the Death Star 2 and Executor in Return of the Jedi were actually members of Green Squadron, but ILM had trouble compositing them, so the color changed to red. But you probably already knew that.

• Like 2