T-55M (Finland) - Finished

Carius

Looking forward to seeing it with some camo on. That's one thing I like about the T-54/55 family - infinite diversity in infinite combinations!

Mike.:)

Edited by MikeR

On 23/04/2017 at 2:04 AM, Gremlin56 said:

Beautiful work Cesar, the size of the storage bins on the turret is amazing, Detailing will look even better when you start the paint job.

Julian

Many thanks Julian! Glad you like it 

On 23/04/2017 at 5:04 AM, Hamden said:

Coming together nicely, looks like tracks and paint to go?

Roger

Thanks Roger. 

This version used the improved RMSh T-72 tracks. Soon as possible, I'm going to use Fruilmodel ATL-11 T-72 tracks and the splinter camouflage painting system.

On 23/04/2017 at 5:20 AM, Bullbasket said:

Absolutely beautiful work. Each time just gets better. Is this going to be a plain cammo scheme or splinter.

Regard,

John. 

Tnanks my friend, certainly splinter camouflage on it.

On 23/04/2017 at 7:19 AM, FrancisGL said:

Very well detailed look, I want to see it finished ...:popcorn:, cheers Cesar

Many thanks Francis.

Cheers 

On 23/04/2017 at 8:39 AM, Etienne said:

Great detailing indeedB) ... looking forward to seeing the next step !!

I thank your interest Etienne.

On 23/04/2017 at 9:30 AM, MikeR said:

Looking forward to seeing it with some camo on. That's one thing I like about the T-54/55 family - infinite diversity in infinite combinations!

Mike.:)

I thank your comment Mike.

Cheers

Edited by Carius

Practically ready for paint...I going to use the fantastic T-72 Friulmodel links even with the side skirts. This version uses the RMSh tracks. Note the differences between the T-55 and T-72 drive sprocket.

Cv32Xh5.jpg

eX4DFx6.jpg

24LjtGg.jpg

2wCdUXg.jpgwTHuQsM.jpg

67etrEi.jpg

wszMVco.jpg

F8f0nfo.jpg

yunWhoz.jpg

Unfortunately the AEF Designs side skirts are too short. So I needed to "stretch" them...Look the white areas...now  :thumbsup:

7YY9Sqq.jpg

Well, the kit is practically ready for paint..

DW30NwE.jpg

Edited by Carius
  • Like 8

PAINTWORK

I had seen many interpretations on various modelling sites :banghead: but in the end I decided to try and approximate the colours that I saw in various photos of real Finnish armour. Tamiya's masking tape and páper were used with the camoflage colours in order to depic the complicate camo scheme, I began by spraying the model with a coat of  Humbrol Hu116 matt US Dark Green. I then applied the Tamiya's XF-69 NATO black and finally Tamiya's XF-4 Yellow Green. This color in particular was lightened with wash technique. I used Greyish Green SM362 by Revell.

The result showed satisfactory:

2fuCsmd.jpg

hXi6bxU.jpg

4dIk7Pt.jpg

sZN6D3D.jpg

S477ojs.jpg

m9gzX00.jpg

pWAtNLw.jpg

Edited by Carius
  • Like 6

5 hours ago, Gremlin56 said:

That is what I was waiting for and well worth the wait it was. Looks beautiful Cesar, gorgeous color combination :yes:

Many thanks my friend.

Glad you like it.

5 hours ago, Bonkin said:

Seriously impressive. Makes me realise I've so much to learn.

Thanks Sir! You are very kind.

Cheers from Brazil

4 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

Cesar, that's looking really good. Once the washes go on and it gets toned down a bit, it will look seriously impressive.

John.

Many thanks John, I already started the washes :)

1 hour ago, Hamden said:

Looks Stunning well worth the work and effort!

Roger

Thanks Roger :thumbsup:

Hello Cesar,

the paintjob is very well done (you know I have a weakness for splinter camos :P) ... with a bit of weathering, all the nice details of your build will pop up and make a superb T55 for sure B)

E

Lovely build Carius! Here´s a sad photo from Pori Brigade training grounds in Säkylä, Finland, taken two weeks ago... That´s Ps 262-61 how it looks (almost) today. Best regards, V-P

T55M1_Ps_262_61_220417_zpsgcroncin.jpg

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Etienne said:

Hello Cesar,

the paintjob is very well done (you know I have a weakness for splinter camos :P) ... with a bit of weathering, all the nice details of your build will pop up and make a superb T55 for sure B)

E

Many thanks my friend.

I'm doing the best I can to make a good and convincing finnish T-55M.

6 hours ago, vppelt68 said:

Lovely build Carius! Here´s a sad photo from Pori Brigade training grounds in Säkylä, Finland, taken two weeks ago... That´s Ps 262-61 how it looks (almost) today. Best regards, V-P

T55M1_Ps_262_61_220417_zpsgcroncin.jpg

Many thanks V-P! I really enjoyed the photo.

I confess that this project is extremely difficult for me, because my sources are limited. I saw many pictures of the T-55M left side, but only two of the right side (by the way, little enlightening). However I researched a lot :hypnotised:

Well, like I said, I'm doing the best I can to make a good and convincing Finnish T-55M.

Best Regards

Cesar

Edited by Carius
  • Like 1