T-55M (Finland) - Finished

Carius

5 hours ago, MikeR said:

Coming along nicely!

Mike.B)

Many thanks Mike.

5 hours ago, Das Abteilung said:

I see that Takom have announced the marriage of their Chieftain Marksman with their T-55 to make the Finnish ItPsv90 Marksman turret on the T-55 chassis.  Only 7 of these were ever built, the turrets later grafted onto Leopard hulls to make another unique vehicle.  Noting my confusion and correction above about the hull rear grille shapes, it will be interesting to see if Takom get that right.  The ItPsv90 were all converted from 2nd-hand Polish-built hulls, not from the original Russian-built gun tanks, meaning they had the rear right grille with the stepped front and oval access cover.  From the photos above it looks as if there were other minor detail differences including hinges for the forward hatches, so it will mean a new rear deck moulding from Takom to get it right.

Great news about the Finnish ItPsv 90 SPAAG. In my opinion it has an interesting and aggressive appearance. I love it :thumbsup:

I hope that Takom don´t make mistakes with this new kit.

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks

• Like 1

Well, continuing,now with the suspension...the drive sprocket will be changed by T-72 with 14 teeths.

UgtCpR2.jpg

Necessary changes were made on the lower front plate. At this moment the putty is drying.

dAbnT1w.jpg

T4P22CU.jpg

Te2c8t3.jpg

ulq73HG.jpg

pP9LRz2.jpg

I've putting the upper and lower hull together, dry fit only: 

If0pduv.jpg

That´s all for the moment...

Edited by Carius
  • Like 6

I love the amount of detail you've put into this build Carius. It's interesting to see the differences there are between the Finnish T-55 and the IDF Tiran5 when they are basically the same tank. Keep it up.

John.

23 hours ago, Hamden said:

Coming together nicely now - soon be ready for paint!

Roger

Thanks Roger.  I hope to start the paint job in about two weeks.

7 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

I love the amount of detail you've put into this build Carius. It's interesting to see the differences there are between the Finnish T-55 and the IDF Tiran5 when they are basically the same tank. Keep it up.

John.

Many thanks John. I'm Looking forward to see your Tiran finished.

4 hours ago, Gremlin56 said:

Coming along very nicely Carius, :D

Many thanks my friend.

1 hour ago, Ripaman said:

Brilliant progress love the detail you have added :like:

Regards

Richard

I thank your comment Richard.

Regards

21 minutes ago, Etienne said:

Hello,

very nice work with details B) ... are you going to paint a splinter camo pattern ?

E

Hi Etienne. Glad you like it.

Oh yes, the splinter camo is very attractive and beautiful ;)

Hi Carius,

I want to pick your brains if I may. Do you have a clear photo of the driver's vision blocks? I see that you have done your own cabling around the blocks from wire. I have the Blast Models detail set for the T-55 and was going to use the item from the set for this, but it is so fragile and broke in the clean up, so now I'm going to make my own. I'm trying to see where the cable goes at the front of the blocks. Also, what are you going to use for the clear part of the blocks seeing as Tamiya doesn't include any in the kit?

I bought the Blast Models set to use on my Tiran, but now I find that the engine deck is Czech and the kit's deck is Russian. Hey ho! Another 20 euros wasted!!

Regards,

John.

22 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Excellent progress again Carius! This is going to be a stunning model! :worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks Stix :)

20 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

Hi Carius,

I want to pick your brains if I may. Do you have a clear photo of the driver's vision blocks? I see that you have done your own cabling around the blocks from wire. I have the Blast Models detail set for the T-55 and was going to use the item from the set for this, but it is so fragile and broke in the clean up, so now I'm going to make my own. I'm trying to see where the cable goes at the front of the blocks. Also, what are you going to use for the clear part of the blocks seeing as Tamiya doesn't include any in the kit?

I bought the Blast Models set to use on my Tiran, but now I find that the engine deck is Czech and the kit's deck is Russian. Hey ho! Another 20 euros wasted!!

Regards,

John.

Hi John, 

See the photos bellow, about the driver's vision blocks and the cables (my sources :) for the kit) :

m3Rz6Uo.jpg

iNVdWia.jpg

OPyWJP4.jpg

For the clear part I'm going to use a little piece of the thin transpatrent plastic.

My friend, I am at your disposal to share ideas...

Best regards,

Cesar 

Edited by Carius
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, Carius said:

See the photos bellow, about the driver's vision blocks and the cables (my sources :) for the kit) :

Carius, you are the man. Brilliant. Thank you very much for the photos. I've been on many sites with T-55/Tiran photos, but none showed the vision blocks clearly. That first phot shows exactly what I wanted.

If I can do the same for you, let me know. I hope to be going to Saumur Tank Museum in June, so if they have anything there that is of interest to you, let me know. Once again, thanks Carius.

Regards,

John.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Well folks, great progress now...I build two new wegmann smoke grenade launchers, because the resin pieces have a wrong curved shape. I'm going to scratch a wading rail with plastic card, glue a few pieces and small details. I corrected the position of the 71mm Bofors Lyran flare launcher on the right side of the turret.

SfQBoa0.jpg

qqgzdrw.jpg

6cSdt5X.jpg

ExC0mK1.jpg

Kh0OllF.jpg

cKFHVb5.jpg

q7sS3Ye.jpg

j0pM1hk.jpg

Edited by Carius
  • Like 8