Romanian Mig-21 LanceR C help needed.

DaveJL

Hello all,

I'm planning on building one of the upgraded Romanian Mig-21 LanceRs soon. I'm going for the 3 tone grey/white scheme. I'm under the impression that the LanceR C version that has this paint scheme was/is only for air to air. However, I've found this picture:

DNI_0181.jpg

(Net photo)

Carrying the Litening pod, so my question is, is this variant wired for LGBs too? If so, is it only the IAI Lizard and Griffin, or can it carry the GBU-12?

Thanks

Dave

6 hours ago, Tony Oliver said:

Nice! What scale is it going to be? Is there a conversion kit or are you going to scratch all the necessary  lumps bumps probes and prongs etc? 

Yes there is in 1/48 at least!

http://lcaerodesign.com/ocart/index.php?route=product/product&path=59&product_id=58

7 hours ago, Tony Oliver said:

Nice! What scale is it going to be? Is there a conversion kit or are you going to scratch all the necessary  lumps bumps probes and prongs etc? 

1/48 of course Tony! I've ordered the LCaerodesign set as exdraken has linked above. Comes with everything I need, bar the ordnance. I quite like the idea of a Mig-21 from the 1970s with a targeting pod and LGBS!

• Like 1

The A2G LanceR A variant was the lower cost (lack of Elta 2032 radar) cousin of the LanceR C. There was stuff the LanceR A couldn't do compared to the C, but nothing really the A could do that wasn't accessible to the LanceR C.

Anyway, after the LanceR A was sent into retirement, the LanceR C officially became what it had been from the beginning: a multirole (I'm referring here to the ability of conducting A2A and A2G missions - not getting into the theory and true capabilities of a multirole...).

Mind you, a targeting pod hung under the belly isn't automatically associated with an A2G mission. They do use it for A2A target identification at greater range also.

Lots of choices for you then of things to put under the wings.

• Like 1

On 6.2.2017 at 9:58 PM, Tony Oliver said:

Actually i think these are MF looking at the spine and tail fin, not bis...

Exactly. BIS also has shorter air intake lip and slightly rounder front fuselage.

Cheers,

AaCee