new publication series on Battle of Britain

JackG

Just found these books, so probably not new to everyone:

BofBCAV1to4-247x318.jpg

http://www.wingleader.co.uk/product-tag/battle-of-britain-combat-archive/

There's also some interesting series on Luftwaffe aces, as well as one dealing with Luftwaffe crash reports.  

Any opinions on these? 

They look nice, but if you consider to invest on a complete set, that can be a hefty sum.  At least UK residents have some free shipping deals.

regards,

Jack

Edited by JackG

I have the Luftwaffe Crash Archive series which is up to volume ten currently. They are excellent and very comprehensive. I would recommend them to anyone with a serious interest in the topic. They are not cheap but then you get what you pay for.

• Like 1

I think it is an excellent series. I've eased the financial pain by buying as they become available.  :)

To give an idea, volume four contains 142 pages of contemporary accounts, combat reports, intelligence reports, eye witness reports, photographs, diagrams, very nice artwork and profiles, statistics and a whole lot more that cover just two days of the Battle (14th and 15th August, admittedly busy days).

The amount of research and work that have obviously gone into each volume justifies the cost in my opinion. I have no connection to the author, artist or publisher, I'm just happy to have the resulting series. It's a lot easier and more fun to read than some more serious and deserving heavyweight histories and has a lot more detail than some of the more lightweight histories.

I'm fairly confident that it will prove a good investment, I suspect that to buy any volume in ten years time might cost as much as the series so far today.

Cheers

Steve

Edited by Stonar

Same here!

So far up to date on both the Luftwaffe Crash Archive and the Battle of Britain Combat Archive. All up to the usual Red Kite/Wingleader standard, well researched and very nicely produced. If the BoB is your subject, then both series are invaluable. And as Stonar says, these will probably be changing hands for a fair whack in a few years time.

Best regards;
Steve

Postie just delivered vol 4 of Battle of Britain Combat Archive. Very nice indeed and a whole volume on just two days. I bet August 18th will be a volume on it's own!

Well worth buying!

Best regards;
Steve