BMTP Terminator

Finally finished, this was supposed to be a quick build that started back in November - there is a WIP if you go looking. 

The kit was bought on a whim after Paul, the owner of my local-ish shop dangled it under my nose for the sum of £19.99. It went together well, a couple of little stumbling blocks but nothing major, the kit instructions were okay, mainly in Russian with some of the drawings a little vague but we got there. The crewman is an Evolution Miniatures figure & has that suitably hacked off look common to suaddies everywhere. Railway ground covering on a Trumpeter base (clear box on top) and the plate comes from Signomatic.

Everything is brush painted with Humbrol enamels and Winsor & Newton varnishes. There's a couple of bits from the spares box to dress it up a little. The nationality of the vehicle is deliberately vague with no markings. 

32341786820_11e08d164e_z.jpgTerminator 25 by phil da greek, on Flickr

31878538544_8dbe5af0e9_z.jpgTerminator 24 by phil da greek, on Flickr

32721321805_fda7234038_z.jpgTerminator 23 by phil da greek, on Flickr

32721321795_9004b78d7b_z.jpgTerminator 22 by phil da greek, on Flickr

32681021346_f9324d800b_z.jpgTerminator 21 by phil da greek, on Flickr

32721320935_cc6e406038_z.jpgTerminator 20 by phil da greek, on Flickr

All in all a good build of something different that I enjoyed. Off to give the bench a wipe off and hoover up the carpet monster and then see what's next on the stash build list.

• Like 10

Very well done.  I have the Zvezda kit plus some AM parts in the stash too.  Of course we must now have 3 different kits of a vehicle that only 1 country uses in small numbers, plus the BMPT-72 prototype.............  I for one am very impressed with the Zvezda kit, and their T-90 for that matter, especially considering the price they can be had for.  OK, there may be an issue with hull/suspension height but it doesn't really seem noticeable.  Unfortunately the Kazakh vehicles are plain green.  Boring.  This is one of those vehicles you really wish had been adopted by someone with colourful camouflage.

• Like 1