Beech C45 ICM 1/48th

Hi Folks

Busy old time in the assembly shed just now.

This one depicts a C45 attached to 724 Squadron of the Fleet Air Arm based at Bankstown in Australia.This aircraft was luckier than some the others based there which were to have been dumped overboard from an aircraft carrier.

It was returned to Europe and given to the Italian Air Force.

IMG_0668_zpsg2jw1qbd.jpgIMG_0667_zpsbm9rkmac.jpgIMG_0666_zpsq1qayhz4.jpgIMG_0665_zpsfztdlkrc.jpg

Edited by camper1
  • Like 17

Brilliant job Ian,

This Expeditor looks brilliant and is one that I have in my `to do' pile too,........ hope mine turns out as nice.

Did you struggle with this kit? I ask because mine was a nightmare and the parts were really brittle, so much so that the thinner parts such as the seat frames were unusable!

Cheers

Tony

Edited by tonyot

Now- let me see, its got 2 engines, is silver overall, and was flown by a British pilot - but hang on man, it's not a Meteor!!!   Are you feeling OK? :)

That looks really cool Ian - and it agrees with my theory that the application of BPF markings always enhances any subject too.

Nice.

Jonners

• Like 1

That is a very good model of a lovely airplane , hopefully ICM will make a 72nd scale version one day... 

Hi Tony

To be honest I threw half this kit away, the etched parts are a pain in the you know what.

I sat the seats on pieces of plastic card, you can't see the etch underneath them anyway so why bother with it?

The plastic was a bit brittle and did not like liquid poly too much and the parts for the engine bearers were very fiddly and again you can't see them.

Go on man get it built, after some of the things you have built it should be an easy one for you.

For Jonners,watch this space.

Cheers

Ian

• Like 1