Major Error from Norway

Major_Error

Greetings from Norway!

I am a model builder that has passed the 50 years limit. I have been a fan of models all the time I can remember. My first introduction was the models that my father had stored in the house. Many planes. I can remember we build a Short Sunderland. Unfortunately, its destiny is unknown now.

I started to build plastic models and build a great number. Few of these are still alive. But When I reached about 15 I had the top of my career, for this first period; A Hurricane and a Monogram Metal model Packard. These are still alive.

I had a down period, but came back when I had my military duty. One of the officers had an ongoing project of building a model of all the planes from the Norwegian air force. Since my duty was, only one more year (total 16 month), I could not start a similar project. But as I was located on a radar at North Cape, I wanted to build the planes I saw on the radar. Among them a Mig 25 Foxbat that I had to convert from A to B. The B was the first Nato saw here in north.

The last years the third period started. The time is not what I have most of, but I try to be effective…

I have managed to build a Pocher Testarossa.

Ferrari%20Testarossa%20Pocher%20Fin%203.

I choose to paint it orange, matt finish, because this was the popular “super car color” when I started to build.

I have always been a fan of dioramas. These projects have always been fascinating me!

Then I had to make one. This is my first!

It is populated with two amcars that I have chopped the roof on. The green is the first I modified. I have chopped the roof only a few millimeters.

WP_20161109_21_16_38_Rich.jpg

The boys toy car is made of coffee-sticks. The spoiler of the cars are made of ice cream stick. I have more cars for being displayed here. Time will show.

WP_20161207_22_04_45_Rich.jpg

The table that the lady is sitting on is also made of coffee and  ice cream sticsk.

My ongoing project is a Mini Cooper S Mk1. I restored this car back in the 1980’s. This model will be a copy of that car! I had it for 19 years. Wonderful car!

Copy%20of%20Main.jpg

After this I have considered to start on a wooden model; Billing Boat: Osebergskipet (the Oseberg Viking ship). I am quite familiar in working with wood (I still hope), as I built quite a lot of RC-model planes in my younger days. I did never became a good pilot, because my effort was put into building…

See you out there!

8-)

• Like 2